Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

· Registered
138 Posts
while I cannot tell you the exact resolution, I can assure you the UAV is brighter and crisper than the UAQ as well as having slightly better processor and memory. if you chose to, you could also upgrade to the newer camera which also has a better picture. while our kit is not cheap, it is absolutely no where near the one referenced above. we also give ours a 3 year/36k mile warranty.
Is your kit compatible with MY15 Summit?

· Registered
127 Posts
The 19/20 HU has the cool down feature with the unit to my understanding.
This is the only thing holding me back on this. Been trying to figure out if this feature is in the new radio or the BCM. My current radio is in the process of de-laminating and would do this upgrade just to avoid going to the dealership. Yep, even though still in warranty!

· Premium Member
260 Posts
Just a few thoughts--
the '19 and up screen, contrary to popular belief, is not part of the bezel. It's screwed in (though the reality is when you buy it from MOPAR, it is sold as a single unit) I have an '18 trackhawk, and purchased a full screen and bezel upgrade from one of the online places. After I got it, I realized that with a little bit of work, the 18 screen would mount with no problem to the 19 bezel... if you can find a bezel, without the screen (or with a broken screen) of fleabay or at a junk yard, it's worth a try.

If you do buy the full upgrade, make sure that it's an actual SRT bezel... other models have different buttons an layouts. It's not a huge deal, you'll just have to transfer over your buttons from the screen you're replacing (takes 15 minutes if you're going slow)

· Premium Member
260 Posts
how are you going to re-program it?

· Premium Member
260 Posts
oh, right, you have a '15, you don't have to worry about the lock out module. If you know what you're doing, then go for it.
the cables are not a big deal, if you don't have the harness, easy enough to use your existing wires and just rework them. If not, maybe infotainment or kodiakz will sell you a set

· Premium Member
260 Posts
gotcha. The wiring part is easy -- though, I went from an 2018 unit to a 2019, they were all the same wires, just separated/in different spots, have no idea what's involved in going from a 2015.

· Registered
21 Posts
gotcha. The wiring part is easy -- though, I went from an 2018 unit to a 2019, they were all the same wires, just separated/in different spots, have no idea what's involved in going from a 2015.
Did you have 2 plugs that fit in the back of the screen? You didn’t need a new
Harness?

so you didn't need any kind of jumper harness or splitter ?

· Premium Member
260 Posts
Did you have 2 plugs that fit in the back of the screen? You didn’t need a new
Harness?

so you didn't need any kind of jumper harness or splitter ?
you have a 15. I have no idea if the plugs are the same my 2018. I believe they're different. the 2018 has the same plugs as the 2019, just in different spots.
TAke a look at infotainment.com , they have a bunch of videos.

· Premium Member
260 Posts
that sucks.

· Premium Member
260 Posts
no idea. I didn't have to hunt those down... good luck.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts