Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone is running 275/50/20 tires? Looks like most people run 275/55/20 but they are significantly larger and with the Pentastar motor being such a dog on the freeway, I'm trying not to make that worse. The 275/50 are only slightly larger and wider than the stock 265's but it seems like options aren't at vast. The stock Goodyears are starting to crack with only 32k miles so I think it is a good time to look at different tires options. These would be going on 2015 Altitude. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I’m running 275/55/20 on my wk2 looks much better and not much difference in acceleration just be cautious in which tire you go with check the weights more rotating weight will hurt the power of the truck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m running 275/55/20 on my wk2 looks much better and not much difference in acceleration just be cautious in which tire you go with check the weights more rotating weight will hurt the power of the truck
Which tires did you go with? The factory Fortera tires only weigh 32lbs and everything I am finding in a 275/50/20 that is $300+ a tire is about 40lbs.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had firestone destination at which are I believe 44 pounds I’m going with Nitto Terra Grappler G2 next which are 43 pounds. I was looking at the bfgk02 but at 54 pounds I decided against it

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ran Geolanders on my WK1 and would not recommend them. They are not by any means bad tires, they are actually quiet and grip pretty well but don't expect to get more than 30,000 miles out of them. They are also terrible on ice or in the cold after 10,000 miles. I wrecked my jeep on these tires on a snowy day going downhill doing 15 mph. They just slide on ice. Great on gravel and light mud/clay.

·
Registered
Altitude
33 Posts
Just wondering if anyone is running 275/50/20 tires? Looks like most people run 275/55/20 but they are significantly larger and with the Pentastar motor being such a dog on the freeway, I'm trying not to make that worse. The 275/50 are only slightly larger and wider than the stock 265's but it seems like options aren't at vast. The stock Goodyears are starting to crack with only 32k miles so I think it is a good time to look at different tires options. These would be going on 2015 Altitude. Any help would be great.

275/50 on a 20x9.5

1 - 7 of 7 Posts