HID Kit Wiring Harness.
The one in the link.

I have em before making the switch to projectors. Quality stuff at a low price

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
9,460 Posts
just 1 harness.

if you are doing the fogs, it's either a hit or miss for our rigs. I didnt need a relay on mine for the fogs while others did. But its a must for the low beams.

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,005 Posts
JMO...but the Xenondepot HIDs are the BEST!

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Thanks Scott! Be careful with single harnesses as you end up losing both your headlights if the harness fails. You also may want to rethink your purchase if you can't get a hold of anyone at the company... Imagine a warranty claim.

Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rather then start a new thread ill just revive this one. Any one use 55watt hid kits in the headlights and fogs with out any problems? I have 55s in the wrx headlights but only use 35 watt in the fogs because they are so tiny. The wk fogs are are quite a bit bigger.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Be careful with 55W HID kits. The company in question uses 35W bulbs with 50W ballasts meaning that they overdrive the HID bulb. As a result, the bulb will burn hotter and burn out quicker.

Steve

·
Registered
340 Posts
I run 55w bulbs in fog and headlights. DDM bulbs and ballasts. I made my own wiring harnesses and ran relays because I wasn't too keen on the single harness. No issues at all. If you run 55w bulbs without a direct connect to the battery say bye bye to your housings that the bulbs mount into. I'd also strongly suggest running projectors to prevent a beam pattern that would blind oncoming motorists.

I have a set of the low grade ddm ballasts and the xenondepot ballasts. They look very very similar... No saying whats inside though.

·
Registered
340 Posts
My bad, I was thinking halogens. Apologies.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok so i'm a novice in xenon kits, but i know a thing or two. just need a few clarifications. I have a 2012 JGC and i'm confused as to whether or not i need a wiring harness or not. I've seen kits that are plug and play with no wiring harness, and some that do. I wouldn't mind paying the extra cash for the xenondepot kits but i find the DDM kits a good value. Not sure how good they are as far as quality goes.
I'm going for a 35w, H11, 6k kit. I've called DDM and they said I do need a wiring harness. My concern is how it impacts the car battery and life. I also have aftermarket car audio hooked up to the battery so I would prefer not putting any more strain on the car battery. I've seen kits that supposedly don't require extra power from the battery (wiring harness) but if I absolutely need one then so be it. Also, would it work right out of the box? What's the relay for? and do I need one? Thanks for the help guys!

Oh and I don't have the projector headlamps, I have the composite (halogen i assume) headlamps. Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.