Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at refinishing/powdercoating my black chrome spider monkey wheels due to the coating flaking off but everywhere I call says they won't touch PVD finished wheels because its too much of a hassle and apparently contaminates their tanks that they use to chemically strip the wheels. In the process of researching what options I have, I've found out that the wheels may not be PVD finished at all. So the 2 questions I have are:

1. How do I find out if they are in fact PVD finished?

2. If they are, what are my options on refinishing them for a better price than just buying new ones?

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
Black Chrome is PVD, Any chrome wheel that is powder-coated is done with PVD. Maybe hit up a forum vendor and see what they have to say?

Detroit Wheel and Tire

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that that is most likely the case, but the question is... Is there a way to find out other than a random person on the internet saying so? If it is PVD coated what are characteristics that will tell me so? Is there a certain part number that tells me they are PVD. Is there anything from the factory that says all black chrome wheels on the SRT are PVD powdercoated as you mentioned? Thanks

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
Did you contact vendor posted above and ask? Since they deal with OEM wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts