Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have a 2014+ Grand Cherokee with the horrible halogen headlamps? Do you wanna add the oem HID headlamps from the overland, summit or SRT? I've got your solution. DM me for details on a complete plug and play harness. No splicing...no bs. PROVEN design. Install help and customer service provided. All oem functions. Dm me or email me [email protected]!

·
Registered
2014 GC/Overland V8
3,277 Posts
Do you have a 2014+ Grand Cherokee with the horrible halogen headlamps? Do you wanna add the oem HID headlamps from the overland, summit or SRT? I've got your solution. DM me for details on a complete plug and play harness. No splicing...no bs. PROVEN design. Install help and customer service provided. All oem functions. Dm me or email me [email protected]!

Any pics?

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep

Attachments

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
69 Posts
Interested. Can you PM the costs ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can you PM me he cost, as well? Is your kit just the wiring? I assume I would have to buy the OEM headlights from Jeep.

2018 GC Altitude.

Thanks.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I bought the LED headlamps, but have yet to install them. I injured my hand, and must wait until it recovers before I can do any work of that type.

With regard to HID; beware of the "color temperature" of the lamps you install. Years ago, I installed the aftermarket HID lamps in my 2002 Wrangler (high and low beam combo).

I bought the 6500K lamps. On dry pavement they were good. The road markers were very clear.

They were terrible in bad weather. The "blueish" light reflected back of the mist. It was like I had some kind of illuminated "cloud" hovering in front of me. The reflection off the wet pavement was terrible. Other drivers thought I had my high beams on, so they flashed me.

I replaced them with 4800K lamps. The reflection off the mist and the wet pavement was a lot less noticeable. Drivers did not flash me anymore. The road markers were very clear. The lower color temperature light does not scatter off water drops and dust so much. The beams had a sharp cutoff.

There is a reason why fog lamps are often amber.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just bought my first JGC and I am looking to get the LED DRL headlights to upgrade the ones that came with my limited. Would this work for that?

·
Registered
WK2
443 Posts
I bought the 6500K lamps. On dry pavement they were good. The road markers were very clear.

They were terrible in bad weather. The "blueish" light reflected back of the mist. It was like I had some kind of illuminated "cloud" hovering in front of me. The reflection off the wet pavement was terrible. Other drivers thought I had my high beams on, so they flashed me.

I replaced them with 4800K lamps. The reflection off the mist and the wet pavement was a lot less noticeable. Drivers did not flash me anymore. The road markers were very clear. The lower color temperature light does not scatter off water drops and dust so much. The beams had a sharp cutoff.

There is a reason why fog lamps are often amber.

^^^ This guy, right here. :D I've stuck with 4100-4500k HID burners for my retrofits/conversions. Anything higher becomes useless.

·
Registered
272 Posts
My fog lamps are amber. There is a concrete pillar in the basement carpark. I can see my fog lights reflecting off the pillar. The amber light is 3000K. It has a razor sharp cut off. This time I chose 5000K HID lamps. You can see that the cut off is not as sharp.

Here you can see it, even though the HID headlamp drowns it out a bit in he photo. I can see it very clearly with my own eyes.

I crouched down when I took the photo, so it looks like my jeep is very jacked up. Hahaha, no it is not that high, and no I am not blinding the other drivers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Scott. Is this still available? Im looking to do the conversion on my '19 Altitude.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, Scott! Non headlight question... Will these tail lights require an additional harness similar to the headlights for a 2019 Altitude? https://www.mhfautolighting.com/collections/jeep-tail-lights/products/painted-gloss-black-design-eagle-eye-taillights. Just asking because I think I read somewhere that the Jeep's "system" will interpret LED's as a malfunctioning halogen bulb.
No...they come with a resistor box. Fyi...i.sell those tails cheaper on my site. $319 shipped www.thejeepguygarage.com

·
Registered
Altitude
15 Posts
I have a set of used headlights for sale. Only used about a year. All the LEDs work, and comes with OEM bulbs. (i don't have the harness any longer). They are in pretty good shape, came off an SRT so they're blacked out. All tabs are there. Driver side did have a crack, but it was repaired. Looking to sell them as a set, $800 shipped.

PM me with any questions!

GC Headlights

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a set of used headlights for sale. Only used about a year. All the LEDs work, and comes with OEM bulbs. (i don't have the harness any longer). They are in pretty good shape, came off an SRT so they're blacked out. All tabs are there. Driver side did have a crack, but it was repaired. Looking to sell them as a set, $800 shipped.

PM me with any questions!

GC Headlights
I might take these! Where are you located?

·
Registered
Altitude
15 Posts

·
Registered
Altitude
15 Posts
So no issues with them at all aside from the repaired crack? Did you originally buy them used? Just trying to gauge how long they were used for. If you can wait until tomorrow, I will buy them if everything checks out.
PM'd you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts