Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
05' Jeep WK
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I had purchased a set of these not too long ago and received them just today. I thought I would post about my experience installing them and using them as I have not seen much on them before. Anyways, they came very well packaged and and are built impressively. They come with the mounts, simple directions with pictures, and some hardware. I haven't gotten to the install yet, but that will be done before the end of the week. They will be for my IPF 868 Series lights.

·
Registered
05' Jeep WK
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So after a couple hours, the install is finished. The Aspen Creek mounts took maybe ten minutes to install and made the install of the IPF lights really simple. No special tools are needed, but I did use a drill to make a small hole in the plastic under the light mount on the driver side. I will post pictures tomorrow of everything, It just got too dark to do that today. For now, here is a picture with the lights on in the dark.

I have zero complaints about the mounts and the lights. They look great and the light intensity is perfect for any nighttime application. I'll post more on it tomorrow!

·
Registered
05' Jeep WK
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here it is:

They mount on using the same hinges that the hood does and comes with the extended hardware to make it work.

That being said they also move with the hood, but I had no issues with the lamps hitting the windsheild.

I had to drill in a few places to make the wiring work. The first place was under the driver side lamp mount.

The next was under the plastic retaining the wipers.

Overall I got the wires in pretty clean. This was my first time, so it took me awhile to get satisfied.

I used the IPF switch that was included and routed it up through the steering column.

Thanks for looking! Hope everyone likes it as much as I do!

·
Registered
05' Jeep WK
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do the light housings affect visibility from the inside, this was the only worry I had that I might lose windshield visibility
I was concerned with this as well, but they do not affect visibility at all. I will get a picture from inside the Jeep tomorrow so you can have a better look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.