Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question. I just registered my uconnect and I have not tried assist and 911 buttons on the mirror but I assume they work now. Has anyone tried them and do they use my cell through he phone pairing or are they on their own?

· Premium Member
3,476 Posts
I've never tried them, so I wonder how well they work too. I believe the phone is part of the radio, and works because of the free one year subscription.

· Registered
29 Posts
I read the Uconnect user guide several times. If what I understand is correct, the Uconnect is using Sprint network to provide the 911 and assist call. The WiFi hotspot may also be Sprint's 3G data network.

· Registered
779 Posts
I don't know if any of the updates changed the way it works, but my daughter pressed the 911 button once and it immediately dials 911, no option to confirm. The Assist button brings up options on the screen for roadside assistance and a couple other items.

· Registered
Subaru Legacy
534 Posts
They use a built in 3g/whatever connection. It does NOT depend on your cell phone, but it is bound by the network's limits.

· Registered
288 Posts
Or even, even better someone who knows this particular aspect of Uconnect. For example, when I had Onstar they assigned me a dedicated phone number that the system used instead of going through my cell phone. Hence, if someone had asked about Onstar I might share this information. Generally speaking, if I don't know the answer to a question, I keep to myself. It's usually more polite.

Tony

· Banned
910 Posts
his question sounded as though he was looking for the specific number.Hence, the suggestion to ask the operator
Generally speaking you didnt know the actual phone number that would be displayed,yet you felt it necessary to condemn my response. that too seems impolite.just sayin...

· Premium Member
3,476 Posts
My brother is a 911 dispatcher, he told me he's gotten information on his screen stating it's a mobile unit, with a radio number, and GPS coordinates. Doesn't know if that's what the JGC does though, because it doesn't show the make of the vehicle. He also said it depends on the software the particular 911 dispatch center uses, and there are a number of different software's in use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.