Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI-

The free trial period for the 2018 JGC Wifi is now available at myvehicle.att.com. You need your VIN.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3 months or 1 GB of data.

·
Super Moderator
9,954 Posts
So how is this different than just using your phone as a wifi hotspot in your car?
Great minds think alike...I cannot see adding another cost point for a service I already can provide from my already paid for wireless account that has 15-20gb of "data" available each month. And I'm alone traveling most of the time, too.

Reactions: champagneinhand

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I have this in my Jag and it is just OK. I paid 150.00 for a full year all at once with ATT. My wife doesn't know anything about hotspots or Wi-Fi with her phone and she'd prob forget to turn it off. It is helpful in live traffic updates and assisting with other connected needs that the vehicle can do. Its connectivity is not a good as Verizon's but oh well....
I give it a 6 on the 1-10 scale....

·
Registered
2018 WK2 Altitude
138 Posts
So how is this different than just using your phone as a wifi hotspot in your car?
The main two points are:

Convience - it's on and ready when you get going in your car. Your kids are ready to start their tablets but mom or dad forgot to put their phone in hotspot mode. With built in hotspot, it's just there - set it once and forget it.

Better connection - the stable antenna on roof of car supposedly gets a stronger, more stable connection compared to hotspotting from a phone. So, slightly better connectivity.

For me, I don't have kids, and between me and My girlfriend we always just have our phones. No tablets or computers in vehicle. At the current price point I just can't justify the extra monthly payments. Seems like car companies are making some deals to help continually take money out of our pockets. Between this (att hotspot) and the XM Guardian cost after trial its gonna come in at like what 30 bucks a month? No thanks. I'll do just fine without those feature thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
FYI-

The free trial period for the 2018 JGC Wifi is now available at myvehicle.att.com. You need your VIN.
I get this message after clicking sign up and entering my VIN:
Wi-Fi for your Jeep is coming soon.
For more information contact Uconnect Care 1-877-855-8400.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Another quick point, if your JEEP has a replaceable SIM card, look into Freedom Pop.
They have a data only sim card that actually gives you 200MB of data free each month and maybe cheaper than the ATT plan....

·
Registered
2018 GC Limited 4x4
45 Posts
So I signed up 2 weeks ago.
Still can't access my account online - have to contact tech support who is never in.
ATT (when I called) said to go to settings as it's activated and should be working.

Anyone know how to activate the service on my phone?
I have an Iphone 6s with ATT service.
Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts