Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

241 - 245 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
75th Anniversary
953 Posts
Flat driveway here still shudders. I noticed the trans temperature making a difference as well. Another user had success with flushing transfer case fluid and switch to royal purple atf
Just interested to know, how many owners with the 1-2 shifting issue have the car parked on a slope or have slope in their driveway?
I had the issue when I lived up north with a steep driveway around 30 Deg slope with a level garage at the top. The shift change from 1-2 would only be smooth at or above 45 Deg C or 113. F.
Having moved to a flat level area, its all as smooth as silk even on very cold mornings where the OAT is around 0 Deg C..

·
Registered
2015 Grand Cherokee Summit
72 Posts
over the last few weeks my 2015 Summit has been doing this strange thing when i am on the highway. I noticed last night when i'm going up a over pass or down it looks like it cant find the right gear so it shifts up and down you feel it just a little bit other times its very noticeable. Can this be it just needs an update?

·
Registered
75th Anniversary
953 Posts
By the way I just bought the Jeep a few months ago. not a good start.
It's pretty common for weird shifts on 2017 or older I believe. I have a 2016 and it doesn't shift perfect. Next time you do an oil change just mention you want TSB updates for transmission and see if it get better.

·
Registered
2015 Grand Cherokee Summit
72 Posts
peterchang its not weird it gets just scary when it get bad. I mean it feels like someone is grabbing the shifter and going from 8th to neutral to 7th then back to neutral while the engine RPMs never change. I will ask them about the update thanks.

241 - 245 of 245 Posts