Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
201 - 220 of 283 Posts
all good now. got the customtronix software which added the dab button, enable entering navigation gps on the move, and srt apps :)

initially couldn't figure out why no channels were coming up on dab. swapped the pioneer aerial and smb m-m adapter to the other socket and bam , instantly had channels :D

now the 12 dab presets aint enough !

so just read this whole thread looking into the DAB ....excited now with the possibility of getting the DAB button to work - will go down the Pioneer antenna track I think but now really keen on trying to get the navigation to work as well
what else is required when the Customtronix software upgrade?

Hi Guys !!

Newbie here, coming from far away (Belgium) ...

My 2 cents because my GC is not Aussie ...
I own a 36 000 km MY2014 Overland (built on June 7th, 2014) with DAB enabled from factory.
It's clearly mentionned in the leaflet.
Uconnect system is RG4 with actually 14.05.3 software version.
15.26.1 available but not updated ... yet.
DAB sometimes drops, as it happens with different radios I guess it is a broadcasting problem.
Sound seems better to me compared to the same FM station, a little bit louder (I have to reduce the level a little) and "cleaner".
There is an antenna in the cargo left side window.
I don't know if it is the DAB one, could be based on the previous posts !!!

Regards from Europe !!!

Discussion starter · #204 ·
Hi, yes the factory supplied DAB with antenna has it in the rear cargo window, one reason I went with the Panasonic window antenna which does exactly the same.

Problem with DAB is that if the signal gets bad it just stops, there's no gradual decline in quality you either have it perfect or not at all :)

If you want i can take photos and post tomorrow

Andrew[/QUOTE]

Hi Andrew,

Based upon your excellent description, I purchased a DAB antennae and am about to install same. I have a MY14 GC Overland.

You describe the cable as inside the LH pillar. I assume you are referring to the pillar between the front and rear doors; hence my request for confirmation. It would make more sense to me after reading other posts that you are actually referring to the rear pillar adjacent the cargo area and near the LH rear wheel arch. Can you please confirm or refute?

Second, I am OK to remove interior trim, but approach this with considerable caution after another reader broke some of the tabs. So before I start, I am hoping you can provide the photos as offered. If that is not possible ... that is OK.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi Andrew,

While scouting about the 'Net further, I found the following:
Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 - Interior trim removal
This page has a downloadable pdf of the complete trim guide for a WK(2) GC and includes removal instructions. The diagrams are line drawings, include the locations of the clips and so is incredibly informative.
Hope this is of some future use for you.
Even so I would love to see photos if possible :)
Peter

I was checking my software after reading these posts and currently it shows software Version: 14.05.3, I went to the connect website put in my VIN and it says there is no software updates available.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but my version would seem to be lower that all the versions talked about here.

Any help would be appreciated for this newbie

2014 Grand jeep Cherokee Overland 3.0L Diesel Build Date 01/02/2014 Comp Date 01/02/2014

Not sure what's going on with the Uconnect site at the mo - it's been like that for a few weeks now. It usually shows you the latest version which can be downloaded. We have V16.13.13 on our MY14 Overland which is your latest version as well.

I've had a look for it on Sox's site as well but can't find that version. I do have the ISO file for the version saved. I could send it to you on a USB if you like. Alternatively, pop into a dealership and have them do it.

Reactions: Ianpor
You can share it thru the Cloud as well (Dropbox, Google Drive, file sharing websites, ...)
My 2 last Connect updates (but EMEA version) improved the DAB reception, among other things.

Not sure what's going on with the Uconnect site at the mo - it's been like that for a few weeks now. It usually shows you the latest version which can be downloaded. We have V16.13.13 on our MY14 Overland which is your latest version as well.

I've had a look for it on Sox's site as well but can't find that version. I do have the ISO file for the version saved. I could send it to you on a USB if you like. Alternatively, pop into a dealership and have them do it.
Your a legend, I don't mind paying for the USB version if you wanted to send it, or i could download it whatever is easier.

I'd rather pay a you than jeep

ian

Thanks Mozzie. Mine is MY14, but '13 build.
I bought the antenna you suggested, hooked it up and it works! I now have DAB for a total of $14.90!
For anyone else contemplating this, I would mention that there is a small hex headed screw at the bottom of the C pillar trim which must be removed. I could be wrong, but I don't think that's been mentioned before and it caused me a bit of angst before I found it.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

Attachments

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

Does anyone know if it's possible to enable DAB on a 2014/2015 that doesn't already have the DAB button present by using Appcar DiagFCA to enable DAB if dealers won't put the code in for us?

https://appcar-diagfca.com/en/supported-vehicles/jeep/jeep-grand-cherokee-wk2-2014-2017/ Shows "DAB Present" under the ECU 3 settings which sounds quite promising. Does anyone have Appcar and can they confirm if the description for the DAB Present option for programming is actually for DAB radio and not something else?

I have a wifi ELM OBDII module (for use with iOS) but it doesn't look like it's supported by Appcar so I can't buy the software and check for myself without also buying a new bluetooth ELM module first. Doh!

Does anyone know if it's possible to enable DAB on a 2014/2015 that doesn't already have the DAB button present
I'm not certain if the matrix of button visible/absent, year build, firmware version, day of the week, etc was ever definitively clarified. My recollection is it's been a mixed bag of random experiences. Given anecdotes of DAB appearing and disappearing, I formed the totally unproven thought that the system detects DAB carrier signal upon start-up, and if present shows the button. If no signal is present... it removes the option.

If you get no other bites advising better, I'd connect an antenna and reboot Uconnect in a strong reception area. I'll put five bucks in the Salvos tin if it doesn't appear.

Cheers, Steve

If you get no other bites advising better, I'd connect an antenna and reboot Uconnect in a strong reception area. I'll put five bucks in the Salvos tin if it doesn't appear.

If I can find a discrete enough looking antenna to stick on the back window, I'll give it a shot and report back either way. For reference I've never had the DAB button appear in my car but it wouldn't surprise me if the DAB signal at my house is too weak for the radio to pickup without an external antenna. When I first picked up the car it had a really ancient version of UConnect software on it with newer versions mentioning in the release notes that DAB was enabled so I possibly wouldn't have been able to see it until now anyway.

Given anecdotes of DAB appearing and disappearing, I formed the totally unproven thought that the system detects DAB carrier signal upon start-up, and if present shows the button. If no signal is present... it removes the option.

Just tried a very unscientific test, drove to within LOS of the radio towers at Carmel in the hills, power cycled the car including waiting for the bus to go to sleep and powered back up - still no DAB button.

The unscientific part was whether being very close to the towers would be enough to let the car passively pick up enough DAB signal to perhaps bring your theory to life. But if a long shot.

201 - 220 of 283 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.