Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Grand Cherokee 3.6L
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed a major service on the Jeep this weekend and spent a few minutes reviewing and completing all the documentation for my records.

As the Pentastar 3.6L V6 maintenance schedule was not included in the Service and Warranty Handbook that was provided with the new vehicle (the book supplied was printed around the turn of the century) I was able to get a copy of what the dealer was supplied.

What is fascinating to me, is that FCA Australia doesn't seem to have the ability to assist owners in this country, yet they have an amazing engineering team that can alter the installed life of OEM components for Australia.

We have a 32% or 52,000Km reduced life on spark plugs. A 50% reduction or 120,000Km on engine coolant. The list goes on.

If FCA Australia were paying the bills, would they default to the original OEM schedule or continue with their own version, with its sound engineering methodology?

What to use, a printed copy from the dealer that looks like it was made in excel with no version control, or the documented one from the OEM?

Be interested to know what is in the latest Australian Service/Warranty book for the 3.6L.

Reactions: 67HR

·
Premium Member
MY12 JGC Overland
872 Posts
Yes, FCA certainly don’t want to make these things easy. For our CRD I’ve just followed the service and maintenance hand book and have followed that for our Jeep since new (MY12). Certainly over servicing but could never get anything better from FCA. Certainly doesn’t mention anything specifically for the 3.6.
It’s just a generic old handbook and FCA couldn’t give a flying fig about ownership costs. I wonder if they ever think about why their new car sales are down, and many previous owners don’t buy another one....? Nah, takes too much energy to think about that, plus putting those poor depleted brain cells at risk of use....
I remember when I first got the old generic service book. Was surprised that it didn’t include the instruction to “Disconnect horses before removing wheel from cart.” Bit silly really not including that, considering when the book was written....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts