Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

841 - 859 of 859 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Go for it! Wifey made me splurge and go for the lot. We just did a 1200km return trip on the weekend from Noosa to Coffs and back and she did a 200km stretch on the way back. First time driving it more than 5km and it was in the pissing down rain on the freeway for part of it. She fell in love with the Adaptive Cruise Control.. I use it every day every time I drive it. Between it and sunroof it would be a very hard choice if I had to give one of them up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there again

Got some info on the forthcoming June release of the 75th Anniversary models.

Unlike overseas models, only black interior and colours limited to the green, black and white.

Also no sunroof - unlike the countless 75th KL's from overseas. Basically a Longitude with bronze badging, 8.4 screen and 9 speaker audio.

Also only available in 3.2l.

Hit me up for more info if you want. No pricing as yet

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all

Does anyone know the status of GPS updates for the 2015 Cherokee?

It would be nice to have something more current.

Regards

Grahame

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey Grahame, I am awaiting a fix update for the nav (cant change state via typing the address) and it was supposed to come out in March but has been held back. They also informed me that a new map update was due in August - the first Australian map update since the release of the KL series. Since I have been patiently waiting since end September last year for a software fix promised for March I wont be holding my breath for August Maps....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks SeaComms

Yep, similar to the advice I've received, pity they let down their customers with what should be a simple thing.

I wonder how many updates Garmin have released in this time?

Regards

Grahame

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is the diesel dead ?

Not appearing in the June 17 specs - http://www.jeep.com.au/brochures/model-specs-cherokee.pdf

The $45k driveway pricing for the Limited Diesel not helping resale :-(

New colours on the spec sheet too - and painted (not polished) alloys on Limited.

Still no sign of the vented seats again. I won't order again without them.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #851
Well that's interesting. No diesel in the line-up. It doesn't bother me - as it has turned out, trips of any distance that we've taken since getting the KL a couple of years ago have all been in the WK2 so a petrol would suit me fine for the daily driving that I do in it. I think a TH for me when its time to upgrade, probably in 2019. The Grand will be upgraded next year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
... However, when driving diagonally over inclines or negotiating tight multi-story carparks, you will hear slight "creaking" from the sunroof as the roof flexes. For me this is no big deal; it's just the trade-off of having a gaping hole cut out of your roof. ...

Two times a year I open the sunroof and lubricate the glass rubber seal with Vaseline. Just rub it on lightly, enough to make it "wet" and close her up. Now, i must say I rarely open it. I keep the shade open all the time but I'm fine with windows only for my driving.

I'm thinking of trying a modern silicone lub like WD-40's version where it will dry before closing.

But, Vaseline works perfectly in fighting the creaks.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
Be careful with vaseline and rubber. If it's real rubber, vaseline will damage it. The silicon idea is better.

·
Registered
65 Posts
In case anyone was interested...

Wheels/Tyres/TPMS sensors for Sale...

Sold car with original wheels back on it. I had these on previously and had TPMS sensors fitted so pressures still monitored.

One wheel has very minor road rash and there is a chip on another (see photos).

Black chrome finish. With nuts and Jeep caps.

Two tyres have 7mm and the other two have 8mm (across whole tread).

235/55 slight upgrade from 225/55 that are standard - size used in other markets and also results in speedo reading closer to 100% accuracy than original !

5 x 110 fitment, 18" x 7.5 wide

Pickup unless you arrange collection.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bunb...110/1160564129

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all

Does anyone know the status of GPS updates for the 2015 Cherokee?

It would be nice to have something more current.

Regards

Grahame

To update this post..... I just spoke to FCA it appears that they don't as yet have an update for the GPS maps.

HOWEVER they will reimburse up to $200 of the cost of a Tom Tom??????

Looks like you can get a pretty good Tom Tom for $199 maybe we should all register for the reimbursement and buy a Tom Tom? If they fork out enough $200's they will get the message and do something. BTW according to the customer service rep...'getting the updates are out of their control'

There should be something in Australian Consumer Law that requires the updating of GPS's to mandatory for a reasonable time period.

Regards

Grahame

·
Registered
114 Posts
To update this post..... I just spoke to FCA it appears that they don't as yet have an update for the GPS maps.

HOWEVER they will reimburse up to $200 of the cost of a Tom Tom??????

Looks like you can get a pretty good Tom Tom for $199 maybe we should all register for the reimbursement and buy a Tom Tom? If they fork out enough $200's they will get the message and do something. BTW according to the customer service rep...'getting the updates are out of their control'

There should be something in Australian Consumer Law that requires the updating of GPS's to mandatory for a reasonable time period.

Regards

Grahame
Its been over 2 years since they admitted they were aware of the fault where you cannot change state by keyboard entry, yet they tell me it's in testing with no eta on release. Same thing I was told in March 17, Sept 16 and March 16. In Sept 15 I was told it should be ready by March 16. At least now they admit there is no eta...

Oh and when I spoke to them at length on Monday there was no mention of this rebate?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was so cheesed of I fired of a request to Choice magazine asking them to look into FCA's legal obligations, I also called the (award winning) sales manager at our dealership (Frankston Vic.) he also wasn't aware of the reimbursement but was going to call FCA I think he may carry a bit of clout with FCA.

Stay tuned as hopefully a resolution unfolds.

Regards

Grahame

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All

So here's the latest news.
  1. Our dealership Sales Manager, after chasing him again, spoke to their Jeep rep, the reply was 'late 2018 for anything' update wise.
  2. I requested the assistance of Paul Gover (motoring journalist and radio contributor) who was advised by FCA 'there isn't a solution'
  3. It appears that all new Jeep models are ditching on-board maps in favour of Google / Apple connectivity via smartphones. This could be the reason there's no enthusiasm within FCA to provide updates to redundant technology?
  4. I emailed Aust Consumers Assoc. (Choice magazine) who confirmed that any accessory or feature delivered with the vehicle is subject to Australian Consumer Law and should be updated etc. They provided some key points for a letter to FCA.
  5. I suggested to my dealership Sales Manager, that out-dated GPS maps would affect the resale value of our Jeeps. He indicated that this was probably correct and after I threatened to go to the RACV magazine with the story, He suggested that if I did it could detract from the resale value of all our cars.
  6. He also indicated that Nissan have just released a long awaited upgrade for the MY14/15 Pathfinders GPS. I don't really care about other brands but if it's true it shows the whole industry is slow.
Sorry for the long-winded update. Any suggestions as to where we go from here?

Regards

Grahame

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All

A mate had a similar problem with his Honda and had an aftermarket integrated GPS installed.

After a lot of research I opted to go down the same route and today had an Apple CarPlay integrated adapter. It gives all the CarPlay functions with the minimal modifications to the car. Functions can be seen HERE

The actual installation took 3 hours and is invisible except for a single lightning cable protruding from near the card slot / usb port under the radio. Once the iPhone is connected you simply press and hold the phone hang up button to access the carplay menu. It was great to have real up to date maps and the ability to activate all of Siri's functions via voice control.

There's an Android version as well

Further info and pricing can be seen HERE

A solution at last.

Regards

Grahame

841 - 859 of 859 Posts