Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Premium Member
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to get a little more info on the A/C not "returning" to the "auto" setting after entering from a remote start. I have tested this on 2 vehicles below and both worked but I have some questions.

1. 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/UConnect 8.4AN & 13.15.4 Feb Build

2. 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit w/UConnect 8.4AN & 13.19.0 June Build

As noted both work as I would think, I start with remote starter enter vehicle using Passive entry both vehicles the "auto" button is dimly lit until I press the start button at which time it recalls my settings.

Questions for those who have this issue so I can try and duplicate to a dealer for you:

-are you starting with the app or the remote.
-are you using passive or remote entry
-is the HVAC set to "sync" (both passenger and driver have the same temp)
-have you tried this with a short interval, say 5 minutes.
-is the power off with Engine set to 45 Seconds or a different timing.
-does your remote start cool the vehicle at all when started
-related to the above does it cool to start then stops once you enter (there seems to be two different versions of the issue and I am trying to clarify).

Thanks in advance to anyone who has this issue for detailing the experience. Not gauranteeing anything from this other than maybe to zero in on the issue if it is a setting or software.... BECAUSE I CAN'T BREAK MINE :mad: who thought that would frustrate anyone! :slapfight:

· Registered
269 Posts
Just wanted to get a little more info on the A/C not "returning" to the "auto" setting after entering from a remote start. I have tested this on 2 vehicles below and both worked but I have some questions.

1. 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/UConnect 8.4AN & 13.15.4 Feb Build

2. 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit w/UConnect 8.4AN & 13.19.0 June Build

As noted both work as I would think, I start with remote starter enter vehicle using Passive entry both vehicles the "auto" button is dimly lit until I press the start button at which time it recalls my settings.

Questions for those who have this issue so I can try and duplicate to a dealer for you:

-are you starting with the app or the remote.
-are you using passive or remote entry
-is the HVAC set to "sync" (both passenger and driver have the same temp)
-have you tried this with a short interval, say 5 minutes.
-is the power off with Engine set to 45 Seconds or a different timing.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has this issue for detailing the experience. Not gauranteeing anything from this other than maybe to zero in on the issue if it is a setting or software.... BECAUSE I CAN'T BREAK MINE :mad: who thought that would frustrate anyone! :slapfight:
Wilix, don't know if you're talking about my problem where ac doesn't come on at all with remote start, but if you are then:
-Use the key fob
-both entries
-synced
-short and long interval
-45 seconds
Thanks for trying to help?

· Premium Member
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wilix, don't know if you're talking about my problem where ac doesn't come on at all with remote start, but if you are then:
-Use the key fob
-both entries
-synced
-short and long interval
-45 seconds
Thanks for trying to help��
Even if you press the HVAC Auto Button... or do you need to actually restart yours to get control back? or I remember reading that someone HVAC screen (climate) was frozen on Remote start??

· Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,661 Posts
My climate control is always on auto. It works whether I start the Jeep from the fob, or my computer.

I don't know if this would make a difference, but my setting for the vented/heated seats & wheel to come on with remote start is NOT checked.

---

· Premium Member
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My climate control is always on auto. It works whether I start the Jeep from the fob, or my computer.

I don't know if this would make a difference, but my setting for the vented/heated seats & wheel to come on with remote start is NOT checked.

---
See this is a good thing to look at. I wonder if I play with that setting. Not sure how a programming update is supposed to fix something that only happens on some vehicles.... hence I got curious if it was a combo of certain settings that caused the condition.

· Premium Member
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The AC has to work in remote start or this feature is USELESS to me. Mine A/C appears to work for the 15 minutes, but in a lower fan mode.

OK you keep posting USELESS everywhere but you aren't giving anyone a full picture of the situation.... You should maybe read all of the forums on this topic. There is a small issue with some of these and it is being worked on.... When did you take delivery of your vehicle???

· Registered
40 Posts
I have looked through the two forums I can find in this, Willix. I am simply making the case that in my scenario the whole point of having the remote start is to leave my dog comfortable when I need to make a quick run into the store. In Florida it gets hot fast.

I did not see anyone comment on this in the two AC forums I found, so I wanted to share my point of view. I am not currently near my vehicle but I believe it is a Feb. 2014 build.

· Premium Member
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I have looked through the two forums I can find in this, Willix. I am simply making the case that in my scenario the whole point of having the remote start is to leave my dog comfortable when I need to make a quick run into the store. In Florida it gets hot fast.

I did not see anyone comment on this in the two AC forums I found, so I wanted to share my point of view. I am not currently near my vehicle but I believe it is a Feb. 2014 build.

OK, That is a very early build and there has certainly been things identified and corrected since then. I will test a vehicle with a similar build date to yours while running. I will attempt to recreate a situation where you can lock your car and leave it running with your dogs in the car.

There are a lot of very well connected and smart people who have a lot acccess to Chrysler data but posting that what we are discussing is useless without further giving us more information is not helpful to either of us and likely offends the most connected people in this Forum, namely people who work at JNAP building them.... Just my 2 cents but give me a couple of hours and I will check into this for you. If you ask for help someone here usually will be happy to assist.

Also.... What is your UConnect version (under system information in settings)

Thanks,

· Registered
40 Posts
OK, That is a very early build and there has certainly been things identified and corrected since then. I will test a vehicle with a similar build date to yours while running. I will attempt to recreate a situation where you can lock your car and leave it running with your dogs in the car.

There are a lot of very well connected and smart people who have a lot acccess to Chrysler data but posting that what we are discussing is useless without further giving us more information is not helpful to either of us and likely offends the most connected people in this Forum, namely people who work at JNAP building them.... Just my 2 cents but give me a couple of hours and I will check into this for you. If you ask for help someone here usually will be happy to assist.

Also.... What is your UConnect version (under system information in settings)

Thanks,
Ok, sorry to offend. Not intended. Anyhow I upgraded my Uconnect via the forum on this to 13.15.4

· Premium Member
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, sorry to offend. Not intended. Anyhow I upgraded my Uconnect via the forum on this to 13.15.4
Not saying you have actually offended anyone but I have seen the mods and admins numerous times just say ask and someone often helps.

That is good on the version number I have a limited sitting here I can work with.... will check shortly.

Thanks

· Registered
27 Posts
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit w/UConnect 8.4AN & 13.10.0 Apr Build

Remote start only
Both passive and remote entry
HVAC not on Sync
Tried with short and long intervals
Power off with Engine left to factory default

Air seems to be on very, very low. As soon as I sit down and push the start button the climate control shuts OFF. I have to hit climate and then Auto to make it restart. If I do not use remote start the car starts with the climate control set to where it was when I shut it off.

This is very frustrating because, as Evlar says, the remote start is useless in SWFL unless it'll cool the car.

I think I'll try the s/w update and see if that changes anything.

Martin

· Premium Member
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit w/UConnect 8.4AN & 13.10.0 Apr Build

Remote start only
Both passive and remote entry
HVAC not on Sync
Tried with short and long intervals
Power off with Engine left to factory default

Air seems to be on very, very low. As soon as I sit down and push the start button the climate control shuts OFF. I have to hit climate and then Auto to make it restart. If I do not use remote start the car starts with the climate control set to where it was when I shut it off.

This is very frustrating because, as Evlar says, the remote start is useless in SWFL unless it'll cool the car.

I think I'll try the s/w update and see if that changes anything.

Martin
First off, love your truck, that is the colour combo I am ordering and I spent about an hour driving one today.... so awesome.

Now for the definitive answer on specifically the remote start. As people have mentioned there is a fix for this in the works. The fellow I spoke with did not have a date but others on here have said Chrysler said July. As far as I know, your condition will not be fixed by doing a UConnect update, but it can't hurt as the NAV works better in 13.15.4. The issues with what the HVAC system is or is not doing on remote start will require a flash of the HVAC control module. This software is not available yet and as I mentioned it appears to be July, but I will post if I hear more.

· Premium Member
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Evlar,

I am not sure if your system is affected by the remote start not functioning correctly and as the unit I am testing the remote start has the air come on properly etc I don't know there.... You may need to wait for the HVAC update (see my prior post for more detail).

I did test the following.

1. I verified the Jeep was too far away to detect my remote (will not lock or unlock) and I used this as my test point which is inside and at the back of a commercial facility.

2. I used passive entry got in the vehicle, started it and then set the air conditioning to auto (stupid hot in there).

3. I got out of the vehicle, locked the truck with the keyfob (succesfully with vehicle running) and can hear the dinging out side that my wife loves.

4. I went inside, finished some paperwork and went back out exactly 15 minutes later.

5. I entered the vehicle using passive entry and it is much cooler (comfortable) now and dinging stopped as soon as I sat down. The vehicle never shut off.

I think this works for the dog senario, if your wife is going to stay in the car I suggest you leave the vehicle keys with her if you value your relationship.

Again, your remote start may not be working totally as intended at this time but I do believe that there is a fix in the works. I am going to do some further testing on this unit I have because it is early build and I want to see how the remote start performs etc.

Let me know if there is any other suggestions I can provide on this.

· Registered
27 Posts
First off, love your truck, that is the colour combo I am ordering and I spent about an hour driving one today.... so awesome.

Now for the definitive answer on specifically the remote start. As people have mentioned there is a fix for this in the works. The fellow I spoke with did not have a date but others on here have said Chrysler said July. As far as I know, your condition will not be fixed by doing a UConnect update, but it can't hurt as the NAV works better in 13.15.4. The issues with what the HVAC system is or is not doing on remote start will require a flash of the HVAC control module. This software is not available yet and as I mentioned it appears to be July, but I will post if I hear more.
Thanks, Willx! We fell in love with the brown interior the second we saw it. The white is great in SWFL; keeps the car much cooler in the summer. This is our third JGC and we love it, too. I'll look forward to hearing when the fix is available and get it into the dealer as soon as it is.

Thanks again,

Martin

· Registered
40 Posts
Evlar,

I am not sure if your system is affected by the remote start not functioning correctly and as the unit I am testing the remote start has the air come on properly etc I don't know there.... You may need to wait for the HVAC update (see my prior post for more detail).

I did test the following.

1. I verified the Jeep was too far away to detect my remote (will not lock or unlock) and I used this as my test point which is inside and at the back of a commercial facility.

2. I used passive entry got in the vehicle, started it and then set the air conditioning to auto (stupid hot in there).

3. I got out of the vehicle, locked the truck with the keyfob (succesfully with vehicle running) and can hear the dinging out side that my wife loves.

4. I went inside, finished some paperwork and went back out exactly 15 minutes later.

5. I entered the vehicle using passive entry and it is much cooler (comfortable) now and dinging stopped as soon as I sat down. The vehicle never shut off.

I think this works for the dog senario, if your wife is going to stay in the car I suggest you leave the vehicle keys with her if you value your relationship.

Again, your remote start may not be working totally as intended at this time but I do believe that there is a fix in the works. I am going to do some further testing on this unit I have because it is early build and I want to see how the remote start performs etc.

Let me know if there is any other suggestions I can provide on this.
OK, just to clarify - so you actually left the truck running (in the run mode) and exited the jeep with the key fob and it didn't stop after 45 seconds? I thought the jeep automatically detects the key fob is out of range and will stop after about a minute?

What I have been doing is shitting off the jeep, exiting, then hitting the remote start on the key fob. This is when I notice coming back that the A/C fan is not blowing at the same speed/temp as when the car is running in the on mode.

Thoughts? Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.