Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 ford explorer
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I start my 14 overland, I have to hit the auto climate control. Anyone else have to do this? I would think it would stay in the last setting when you shut it off.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I'd assume it's a bug too. The '11-13 defaults back to the settings you had it last, or the one from the memory key.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Its not a bug mine does it too, there are a couple of things that are annoying that I hope they can update. While on Nav map getting a phone call the nav does not come back up but it stays on phone. A big issue was the SD card I had one file that was not an MP3 and my whole uconnect stroked out and had to be reset.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Hopefully this will get fixed by the time mine will be build.

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
A big issue was the SD card I had one file that was not an MP3 and my whole uconnect stroked out and had to be reset.
May I ask what file type that was?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
If its not a bug it goes under the title of "One of the many reasons the WK2>WK2.5"

I was gonna give it the benefit of the doubt.

You were going to give it the benefit of the doubt?? Really... The 14 is better in almost every way. I could list the reasons but everyone already knows what they are so I won't. There are a couple things I like better about the 11-13 that being the chrome belt molding and the chrome rear license plate brow, but other than that I really can't think of much. With the new 8 speed transmission the pentastar will outrun your 5 speed 5.7.

·
Registered
Trail Hawk
149 Posts
Oh here we go. Fast and furious grand cherokees. They are both great. They are the same in many ways as well.

·
Registered
2012 Jeep GC Limited
689 Posts
I wondered about this on my 2012 as well. 95% of the time, it defaults to front vents at high fan speed when I turn on the climate control (push the off button). I usually have to press the button to send air to feet and forward (towards myself) and increase fan speed.

Rupbre, Fauee:
Do you guys turn off the climate control before shutting off the Jeep? I do... and perhaps, that's why it resets to its default.

Cheers,
-A

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Everytime I start my 14 overland, I have to hit the auto climate control. Anyone else have to do this? I would think it would stay in the last setting when you shut it off.

I checked and mine stays in auto after a restart. You might want to check and see if its something in settings under controls.

·
Premium Member
2011 ford explorer
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't turn the auto off when I shut off the engine. If their re settings for this, I don't know where they are.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I checked and mine stays in auto after a restart. You might want to check and see if its something in settings under controls.
Same for me - the last setting when the vehicle was running is what it runs when it is next started. I'd have it checked out. If they tell you it is normal, have them show you that on the vehicles in the lot waiting to be sold.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Rupbre, Fauee:
Do you guys turn off the climate control before shutting off the Jeep? I do... and perhaps, that's why it resets to its default.

Cheers,
-A
I leave mine on. No reason to turn it off before shutting the car off IMO.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,842 Posts
I wondered about this on my 2012 as well. 95% of the time, it defaults to front vents at high fan speed when I turn on the climate control (push the off button). I usually have to press the button to send air to feet and forward (towards myself) and increase fan speed.

Rupbre, Fauee:

Cheers,
-A
If you turn it off, it should be off when you restart the car.

·
Registered
2012 Jeep GC Limited
689 Posts
Yes, it stays off when I start the Jeep. But, when I turn on the Climate Control (by pushing the off button), it defaults to the front vents with full blast of air even though the last setting was to my face and feet setting.

I always turn off the radio and the climate control. I have been doing that for years... so I guess it is a force of habit. :)

-A

·
The Negotiator
5,349 Posts
If mine is on auto, it is the same way when I get back in

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't have this issue. Mine stays on Auto.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts