Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of woodgrain pieces for my jeep soon after I got it. I didnt like the look of the silver metal. The pieces I bought came with the switches in them. I was looking at the original switches and noticed that it only had the AUTO function for the drivers window. The ones that came with the woodgrain pieces has the feature for both front windows. Is this a feature that comes on the limiteds and not the laredos ?

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
those are from an 05...I dont think 05's had the auto up/down on both front windows

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine has it on the drivers side but not the passanger (not an option) only b/c mine is a laredo x psckage (basically a laredo with limited features but not all).
Thats what I must have then because I have that feature for both windows and power passengers seat and I have an '06 laredo.. What else comes with the x package ?

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
I believe sunroof, maybe BA system, power seats, leather on the WK X pack

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
14,382 Posts
The 09 WK larado x package has both and the limited. Not sure about reg larado's. Is it possible to put the auto switches in for the back windows on the drivers pannel?

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
no....all 06 and uop WK's have the auto up and down for the front doors. The harness for the drivers door is different. To add the rear doors would require a new harness and canbus activation

·
Registered
14,382 Posts
no....all 06 and uop WK's have the auto up and down for the front doors. The harness for the drivers door is different. To add the rear doors would require a new harness and canbus activation
Ok so that'll be a mod I'll never do. LOL

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
yeah...it would be tough. I have an 06 srt door harness with memory seats and auto up/down if any 05's wants to try to add this. FREE!

·
Registered
14,382 Posts
I have the memory seats too. In the computer I have it set to recall from RKE entry but it doesn't work. Do I have to progrem the remotes or something?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Memory seats...I want that,I have the auto up/down for both windows but the memory seats would be sweet because if my mom or sister drive my Jeep I won't lose my settings like I currently do all the time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So I've been reading up everything I can find on this subject on several of the forums (here, JU, SJ.net, JF) but can't seem to find a definitive verdict...

I have an 05 WK - can we just swap out the switches in the front doors with switches from an '06 and therefore have auto up/down feature on our front windows? Are there other things that need to be activated (with starscan?)

Also, numerous people have speculated that different power window motors or extra sensors are used to prevent pinching with auto up - is there any truth to this? I would assume that there is just some controller looking at motor current and defaults to opening the window after some overcurrent fault.

Scottina06 - I think I remember you posting somewhere that the connector/harness changed for 07+...is this indeed the case? Are '06's the only option for the auto up/down switches?

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
you need the 06 and up window switches and an 06 and up drivers door harness. Do not get a 06 and up drivers door harness with memory seats though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.