Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 WK2
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something is wrong with my automatic headlights. When I have the switch in auto mode the lights come on even when there is full sun. I changed the sun sensor but no change. In the past when in auto mode during the day the DRL lights were on, then when it got dark the headlights came on. Has anyone had and solved this problem?

·
Registered
2012 WK2
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let me be a little more specific. If I put the light switch in the auto mode the lights come on in day or night. They used to only come on when it got dark when in auto mode, now they go on whenever they are in the auto mode. If I put the switch in the parking light mode the DRL'S come on. Can anyone shed some light on this situation?

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
496 Posts
I'm not totally positive but i think there is a setting in the Uconnect to set the DRL for the DRL or regular headlights.....so maybe the setting got changed somehow?

·
Registered
2012 WK2
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grimmjpr, You may be right. I just realized this began after I pulled the oem uconnect radio out for a 13.3" android. Can someone please check their oem radio and see if there is a setting in uconnect for DRL please.

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
496 Posts
Grimmjpr, You may be right. I just realized this began after I pulled the oem uconnect radio out for a 13.3" android. Can someone please check their oem radio and see if there is a setting in uconnect for DRL please.
I'm not totally sure about your radio but I didn't see anything in the 2012 manual for the DRLs in the Uconnect, but I did notice that if you have the rain sensitive wipers on the headlights should come on.....are your wipers set to auto?

·
Registered
2012 WK2
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have given miss information. Let me get it right. When the switch is in auto mode the headlights come on day or night. When in the off mode I have DRL's. Could the switch be bad?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Having similar problem. Parked in dark with auto lights on. next morning in dark lights would not come on on auto. I never touched the switch. Switch or sensor or other?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts