Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit w/ 83k miles that has a leaking front diff and transfer case output seal.

The diff seems to be leaking from the arm on the passenger side, so I am going to take it off and re-seal with RTV. While I have the front apart, I would like to replace the axle seals as well. When I go online, I am finding axle seals under both 68084184AA and 68084185AA.

Would anyone be able to clarify the difference between the two? Is one left and the other right?

In regards to the transfer case (MP3023), I believe the rear output seal is leaking and that 68087452AA is the correct seal. Would someone be able to confirm this or provide me with the correct part number?

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

I have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit w/ 83k miles that has a leaking front diff and transfer case output seal.

The diff seems to be leaking from the arm on the passenger side, so I am going to take it off and re-seal with RTV. While I have the front apart, I would like to replace the axle seals as well. When I go online, I am finding axle seals under both 68084184AA and 68084185AA.

Would anyone be able to clarify the difference between the two? Is one left and the other right?

In regards to the transfer case (MP3023), I believe the rear output seal is leaking and that 68087452AA is the correct seal. Would someone be able to confirm this or provide me with the correct part number?

Thanks,
John
Here are the pics of the transfer case 20180227_071632.jpg 20180227_071728.jpg

·
Registered
194 Posts
Those leaks do not bad enough to mess with. Do you have any drip spots in the garage or driveway? That really doesn't look worth messing with.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those leaks do not bad enough to mess with. Do you have any drip spots in the garage or driveway? That really doesn't look worth messing with.
On the differential, yes. Transfer case, no.

The diff is like actually leaking to a drip standpoint

1 - 6 of 6 Posts