Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here. I just bought a used 2017 Grand Cherokee and am new to GCs.
So far, everything seems great. Lovin' it. Coming from a Wrangler JK, this is super luxurious.

However, I am wondering if the back up camera is working properly. It seems lower than I would like. I'm seeing my paper plates. is this normal? Granted it is paper plates so it is puffier. If others can post their backup camera shots to compare i'd appreciate it.

thanks
KD

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

here's another shot of the street. I feel like i should be seeing more street and less bumper.

·
Super Moderator
8,319 Posts
Yes, that's normal with a very wide angle lens that's used for backup cameras so you can see both wide to the sides (for cross traffic) as well as down to ascertain how close your bumper is to something...like another vehicle, a concrete barrier, etc., That view is also handy if you tow as it makes hook-up a snap with lining up the ball with the trailer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks @Jim_in_PA, glad to hear it's normal. I can see how it can be useful to see the bumper. I appreciate the wide angle as well. and the towing comment makes so much sense.

It just felt like I wanted to also see more street behind, like the camera got tipped down too much or something, if that makes any sense..

·
Registered
5 Posts
+1 on towing hookup, it makes it simple.
Otherwise, on my GC (2019 Trailhawk) you can see down the road enough to pickup movement. Where it's pointed gives you a view of somewhere you cannot see in your mirrors or directly. Coming from a 2013 Wrangler I find it a great improvement.

·
Registered
GC TH
308 Posts
Also agree it looks correct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts