Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm now on my 3rd battery within the 2 months on my 2014 limited Diesel. If it sits for more than a day the battery is completely dead and when I bring it to the dealer they just put in a new battery but there has to be some kind of a short or current draw that's killing my battery. I think it's time to go to another service center. Has anyone had any issues along these lines?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
There are threads out here on this.

If I recall, there's a TSB on this that deals with the radio drawing current with the vehicle off and draining the battery.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Yeah, I saw that one Bill. I'm wondering if that's buried somewhere in one of the numerous U-Connect software/radio updates?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll bring this up when I get it to the dealer

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll bring this up when I get it to the dealer

I am having a similar issue with a 2011 grandcherokee limited. Its new to me, battery last 4 days. I happened to be sitting in it after it shut off and heard the radio's cooling fan staying on and then what sounded like a speaker self test being conducted. The self test meaning each speaker would make a slight pop noise in sequence every 30 to 40 seconds. Pulled the fuse and the battery hasnt died.
It is currently at the dealership it was purchased from. I am wondering if that TSB fixed the issue with yours?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts