Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New Jeep owner. Have a question on the blu ray system in my jeep. If i run the system off the battery is there any sort of protection from me running the battery down to the point the vehicle will not start? Any guidelines on how long it might be safe to use the system without running the vehicle? I know that depends on the batter and charge... Any guidelines would be helpful.
Please no snarky answers like "Until the battery dies".

·
Registered
911 Posts
One of the EVIC messages is “Battery Voltage Low”. Would assume that once that came on, the vehicle would still start. My GM vehicles have a warning that says, “Battery Saver Mode” which shuts off all drains so that the vehicle can restart.

·
Registered
Laredo 4x4
800 Posts
If you want to be sure, use a VSR (voltage sensitive relay). It will disconnect the load when the voltage drops to a predetermined level. Some are adjustable so that you can fine-tune the cut-off point.

Also keep in mind that the GC will turn off power circuits after 30 minutes if the engine is not running.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
2,573 Posts
Hello all. New Jeep owner. Have a question on the blu ray system in my jeep. If i run the system off the battery is there any sort of protection from me running the battery down to the point the vehicle will not start? Any guidelines on how long it might be safe to use the system without running the vehicle? I know that depends on the batter and charge... Any guidelines would be helpful.
Please no snarky answers like "Until the battery dies".
I don't recall exactly where but I just saw info saying that there is a battery monitor system that will progressively shut down non-essential systems if the battery voltage drops too low and/or the charging system seems to be on the fritz.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts