Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been hearing a hesitation to turn over when I start my Jeep and it was suggested that I get the battery replaced as it is a 2014 with the original battery. Took it to WalMart bc their price was awesome, but after an Hour of working on it, they said they can’t secure the new battery bc of some black plate that they’re unable to fit in there? Anyone else have this problem. They said their battery is about an inch larger than the original battery and he thinks that’s the problem and it’s a Jeep thing so I’ll be required to go to the dealership? It’s $150 at Walmart and $260-$280 at the dealership, I was just trying to save a little money.

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,270 Posts
They probably put the diesel battery in it. It a couple dollar part at the dealer to get the diesel clamp plate to secure the battery. There's a couple threads floating around here with the part number.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
3,018 Posts
Likely they tried to put an H8 battery I believe Non Diesel are H7 Group size.
Yep, the H8 is a more powerful battery and an inch longer.... ....so the hold down clamp designed to fit the shorter battery won't fit.... ...like IamTodd suggested, get the battery hold down bracket/clamp for the diesel battery that is shorter to fit the longer battery, and it should fit, its cheap, so an easy fix....

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
The industry catalog data is wrong.

In that thread is the info for the longer battery hold-down if you want to go with the H8

1 - 5 of 5 Posts