Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Before and after with 5100's on 09 4.7

13K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Kman09JGC 
#1 ·
Here is a pic of before and after with bilstein 5100's and srt8 swaybars. Very Happy with ride and Handling.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes these are the bilstein 5100 series struts and shocks. I have the front struts set at the 3/4 inch lowest setting. It leveled the jeep out nice. I also put srt8 front/rear swaybars on as well. Im very happy with the ride and handling.

Attachments

#5 ·
Ill get a better pic. The lower spring perch is adjustable 3 positions .75 to 2inch. At the lowest setting .75 in which I have and if you move the spring perch up it adds preload to the spring which gives you the lift. The struts and rear shocks can extend longer than the Bilstein HD's. My buddy put these on for me and I didn't get a chance to see the install. IMO it gives the jeep a meaner stance. I flat roads with the swaybars it has a real controlled ride. On bumpy roads which most of Ohio roads are these really shine soaks up the bumps with ease.

#10 ·
Took quick measurement in garage middle of hub to fender 20 1/2 ground to fender 34 1/2 ground not level though

#13 ·
It should it's only less than 1/2 in width difference between stock 245/65/17 and the 255/65/17's. I didn't put one in the spare.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

#15 ·
Hi guys, I am about to buy those suspension for my WK 08, but still unable to realize if factory coil springs and no lift will be compatible with it. Bilsteins says (this is different in installation manual and the catalog) that it is not for non-lifted cars and the lift is from 0,75" to 2". As I understand, you have it on factory configuration, right? Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

#16 ·
Wow that was a while ago. I had factory springs with the 5100’s set at .75 in the front and stock springs in rear with 5100 rear shocks. Also had front and rear srt swaybars. Man I miss that jeep lol.

Reactions: kolis
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.