Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What to look for on your new 2014 - Most everything I had for problems have been resolved or are in the process of being resolved.

Check out the Uconnect system - Registration, Memory of settings, Pairing of phone etc. If it all fails, contact Uconnect and open a ticket. In my case, they reloaded the headunit - Still can't get my Iphone 5 to work. (Next rev of Uconnect software should resolve)

Walk around and pay careful attention to the following -

Front headlights - Condensation - Won't know if it comes back until I wash it again.

Rear Tail light drivers side - Seal broken, water inside (Dealer Replaced)

Rear Drivers side Fender Flare - Not lined up with molding buldging out (Dealer ordered color matched Flare)

Fender Wheelwells - Look for missing plastic rivets or rivets that are popped out (Dealer installed missing rivets)

Rear tailgate alighment, shifts more to the right - Body shopped adjusted

Window seal passenger rear window, apparently cut when it was installed (dealer ordering new seal)

Hoping none of you have these for problems, my build date was March, hoping they realize they have QC issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone know if TSB's have been issued for these or other issues yet? Same question for running changes at the factory. Thanks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
glock, thanks for the heads up!...printed and taking it with me to dealer when MY2014 is due next week.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Checked out the rear tailgate on mine and all seems to be good. :thumbsup:

However, when I go back to pick it up next week I will do a more thorough walk around and inspection. Right now it's in the back lot and hasn't undergone the pre delivery inspection.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your welcome - Hopefully none of you will have these issues , my build date was mid-march and all my issues the jeep dealer brought to the attention of Corporate. I'm still waiting on the Uconnect update (possibly next week) and the fender flare (flare is on back order), praying nothing else goes wrong. I will say the black pearl coat paint is wild looking when the sun hits it and catches peoples eyes.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
If you get a chance can you take a pic and post the area you are talking about with the rear window seal. Thanks

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes will take one tomorrow after its bath and post.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Seriously?

What to look for on your new 2014 - Most everything I had for problems have been resolved or are in the process of being resolved.

Check out the Uconnect system - Registration, Memory of settings, Pairing of phone etc. If it all fails, contact Uconnect and open a ticket. In my case, they reloaded the headunit - Still can't get my Iphone 5 to work. (Next rev of Uconnect software should resolve)

Front headlights - Condensation - Won't know if it comes back until I wash it again.

Rear Drivers side Fender Flare - Not lined up with molding buldging out (Dealer ordered color matched Flare)

Fender Wheelwells - Look for missing plastic rivets or rivets that are popped out (Dealer installed missing rivets)

Window seal passenger rear window, apparently cut when it was installed (dealer ordering new seal)

Hoping none of you have these for problems, my build date was March, hoping they realize they have QC issues.
Good lord, that's an incredible list for a 40K vehicle! I've owned BMWs since 96 & am very heavily contemplating an Overland this fall. Never in 5 BMWs, a Lexus & a Toyota Sienna seen all this in ALL my current/prior vehicles put together.

Your post is not inspiring confidence...... I can only hope that they get their act together by the fall.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Picked her up yesterday and drove it 2 hours home. Guess what? Condensation in the headlamps too. Must just be one of those new added bonuses.

Also, the Uconnect "Settings" page has a few quirks in it. Not impressed AT ALL with the new Ambient lighting, it's waaaay too dim compared to older models and the Footwell Lighting was just a complete waste of time on Jeeps part, they were dim as well. I couldn't even tell they were on until I climbed headfirst into the footwell.

(Let me just say so far I am impressed, these are just some of the annoyances that I have found. Like others, not many people come on here praising everything that is right with their car)

·
Registered
Limited 4x4
1,057 Posts
That many problems on a Summit?! I think I would have walked off the lot with my old vehicle. Very sad...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Headlight condensation is normal according to Chrysler bulletin. They will only replace headlights if the condensation doesn't go away after some time after start up. I had condensation in mine once and it went away after a few minutes with the lights on. Never noticed anymore condensation again.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,884 Posts
I looked at my windows after reading this and thought I had the same problem. When I looked more closely I found that the seals were folded into the window track. I lowered the windows and held the seals out while raising them. I will let them be for a week or two to see if they hold their shape. If they fold in every time a window is opened and closed I'll have them replaced.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,014 Posts
headlight condensation is normal in vented headlamps when new

·
Registered
4 Posts

Read your list and need your help.
I am having the same issue for the flares in the back. They are sticking out. Took to the dealer and they tell me they don't have a part number for them yet, and therefore cannot chnage them out. They tried fixing with double sisded tape, but here in Houston with 110F, it came right off.
They tell me they canot order them as those flares are not in the Chrysler system yet.
I have also the same probleme with the back window seals. Car was built in March!!!

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Read your list and need your help.
I am having the same issue for the flares in the back. They are sticking out. Took to the dealer and they tell me they don't have a part number for them yet, and therefore cannot chnage them out. They tried fixing with double sisded tape, but here in Houston with 110F, it came right off.
They tell me they canot order them as those flares are not in the Chrysler system yet.
I have also the same probleme with the back window seals. Car was built in March!!!
That's a crock -mine too was built in March , had one of them replaced at the end of March. I'll have to try and find the service order to get you the part number. The other thing you can try which I did on my left , there are 4+ screws under the flare that you can loosen, push the flare in and tighten them up, didn't work for the right but did for the left.

·
Registered
134 Posts

I had these 2 on my 2013. Everyone no matter what year do a walk around. Mine also included a missing bolt on the hood. Made it kick up on the back side of it.
The passenger rear window seal, is not easy to see. Look close at it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tried tightening the screws but nothing. Damn texas heat!!
Was cleaning it yesterday, and i noticed also by the front doors on both sides, the "ground effect body kit" that is pretty loose on both sides. You can actually see the plastic rivets when the door is open where it says "do not step" on fake step bars. Overall, very nice truck but definitely some details that should have been adressed at afctry prior to shipping. In my opinion that "fake step side bar" should be much more sturdy than what it is now. Like every body kit out there, the double sided adhesive should be used on the entire length of the body, not relying on plastic rivets only...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Re: Seriously?

I had a brand new factory ordered BMW that had to have the engine torn down after 4 months of ownership. New head and pistons...etc.

I'll take a broken window seal vs. taking a brand new engine apart anytime. It can happen to any manufacture and BMW/Lexus arent immune to sub par quality.

Good lord, that's an incredible list for a 40K vehicle! I've owned BMWs since 96 & am very heavily contemplating an Overland this fall. Never in 5 BMWs, a Lexus & a Toyota Sienna seen all this in ALL my current/prior vehicles put together.

Your post is not inspiring confidence...... I can only hope that they get their act together by the fall.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts