Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
I think it is the BIG announcement for this forum, but not the announcement that DriveSRT was talking about.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I think it is the BIG announcement for this forum, but not the announcement that DriveSRT was talking about.
bro...this is huge for the entire SRt community and exactly what they were talking about. I have info on what could be happening...but nothing I can confirm at the moment or that they want to confirm. We as a forum have spoken and they have heard. JeepGarage and its members pulled this off...little ole' us. They heard your concerns, questions, rants, outbursts...all of it...and they are responding. Tell me another carmaker that has done this.

·
Waggie
3,211 Posts
Despite my cynicism over the price gouging, and sarcasm about the big news, IMO it's the least Jeep and Giles can do to further the brand and SRT8 in general.

Due to the JG founders' and members' clout and depth, it is of no surprise to me that this is happening. Hopefully, the response is more than lip service.

Well done Scott.

·
Hellephant since 2016
Helephant
409 Posts
Wow, this is much better than a canned response to our questions. Fantastic!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
No disrespect at all Scott and you are right, this is a really neat opportunity. What I am saying is that I don't think what most of us want to hear (that pricing will be returned to reasonable) but that we are just going to continue hearing the same BS about what a great value the WK2 is. I believe we all thought it was actually a great value when MSRP was looking to come in at $45K even though the performance was equal to or slightly less than the WK1.

Chrysler had their chance to compete with the premium brands when they were owned by Diamler. They should have made the AMG fit the slot that they are now trying to put the WK2 into.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
yeah...you are right and I dont know why anyone would expect this announcement to be a $15k price drop. $45K base...just isnt gonna happen folks. Its time to move on and make the best of it. I have heard rumors to a owners loyalty rebate...but its a rumor that is unconfirmed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congratulations Scott on pulling it together. i don't think the forum seems to grasp how difficult it is to pull off getting to basically interview the SRT engineers and the head honcho behind it. The SRT group definitely does not have to do this at all and i appreciate both what you have done and respect the SRT group even more for opening themselves up in such a way.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'd love to hear their reasoning behind why the slow production of the Wk2 SRT8, barley making any production units just throwing a few here and there into the mix to pump them out. It's kind of weak.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
That's the announcement? That they will talk to us? Thats a bit underwhelming. hm.

sorry....just ask the questions that you want answers too. Hopefully that will put an end to all speculation.

I'd love to hear their reasoning behind why the slow production of the Wk2 SRT8, barley making any production units just throwing a few here and there into the mix to pump them out. It's kind of weak.

great question to ask!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hey Scott, or even anyone else that will take place in the chat session could you ask this question for me? I won't be here for the session I'll be out of town and without access to internet (other than on my berry but too busy for that). If anyone could ask it I would really appreciate it.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
:clap::clap::clap:

Great job Scott, Jeep Garage and Milous for getting us the opportunity to hear from Ralph Gilles about our concerns.

He is a polished speaker and it will be great to hear/see his replies to these concerns we have asked to be addressed.

He is a Charger owner and I'm positive, he hears our concerns and it concerns him, that his whole mantra of nurturing "the cummunity" is at risk.

What format is this going to be? Can we do a chat on Facebook instead and just copy the transcript here?
It stinks having to hit refresh to see answers everytime.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Hey Scott, or even anyone else that will take place in the chat session could you ask this question for me? I won't be here for the session I'll be out of town and without access to internet (other than on my berry but too busy for that). If anyone could ask it I would really appreciate it.

Cheers
Actual production isn't public knowledge and if I were a company and someone was exposing this info, I might be upset with the person who is.
Given this, what are you going to say when they ask "how do you know this info?"
"A guy named XXXXXX on a forum told me?"

If I am there, I will ask the question, "When will all pre-orders be fullfilled including Canada and Mexico?"
I'd hate to lose our tracking method because of our impatience because WE think production is delayed.
From the time they revealed the Jeep on April 20th...They said late summer availability.
Just sayin......

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
the SRT division is providing the chat format. I have the embed info that Frankie will take care of this evening in the engineers chat forums. Im not sure if its a video chat where we can type in questions and the group will answer them through video or text.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Scott- you are a real asset to our community. Thank you for pulling this off for us. I unfortunately will be out of range of modern conveniences so will not be able to participate. On the tugboat steaming for the Bering Sea and Arctic Circle as of now. Darnit!

One question I would like asked which may not even be relevant but if so could you keep it in mind to be asked for me?

If and only if customer loyalty is put into place, say a previous current SRT Jeep owner loyalty discount is going to be available, will this be a one time thing that is time crucial in it's usage or will it be more like a SRT experience type pass where we have a much longer time frame to redeem said coupon? Also if that is the case would it be something we could combine with other incentives at time of purchase? I believe one way to make us original SRT owners who bought their SRT's brand new from Chryco feel better about pricing would be to offer just such a program.

Good luck guys! Please formulate our thoughts and hold back on the jack ass'd and general buffoonery so we don't look like a bunch of knuckle dragger's!!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Actual production isn't public knowledge and if I were a company exposing this info, I might be upset with the person who is.
Given this, what are you going to say, how do you know this info?
"A guy named on a forum told me?"

If I am there, I will ask the question, When will all pre-orders be fullfilled including Canada and Mexico.
I'd hate to lose our tracking method because of our impatience.
Just sayin......
Hey thanks man I appreciate it, your version of the question does make more sense, looking forward to seeing the answer.

Thanks again for taking the time to ask that question the day of.

·
Everyday I'm shuffling
Ford Escape
6,126 Posts
Oh, this site is going to crash (again) with all the new members joining up to ask questions. :lol:

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
When did it crash the first time?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 112 Posts