·
Registered
2014 SRT WK2
4,977 Posts
Ok I'll buy the grooved...PM me your PayPal or payment info...thanks

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Complete 4 set with grooves. PM PayPal info.

·
Registered
2014 SRT WK2
4,977 Posts
just got mine in the mail...going to install and post pics this weekend...they look great!!

·
Registered
2014 SRT WK2
4,977 Posts
I am having a very hard time removing the door pins...can someone post a tip as to how i can remove them? I tried plyers with a towel to no avail...any advice is greatly appreciated. Does removing the bezels first help at all?

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Are they threaded?

·
Registered
08' GCSRT8
200 Posts
I am having a very hard time removing the door pins...can someone post a tip as to how i can remove them? I tried plyers with a towel to no avail...any advice is greatly appreciated. Does removing the bezels first help at all?
you're going to ruin them. They are plastic and put on super tight. but why would you need plastic pos, pins now anyways?

I used the towel and pliers technique but still scratched my first pin. After that I said eff it and just used the pliers straight on the pins (scratching the hell out of them) and the whole job took me maybe ten minutes.

The real prob comes once you want to install the new pins. you will need a blade of some sort. I used a sharp pocket knife, and "filed" the holes wider to except the new pins. The seller states that if you force them in, you will bend and ruin them, so be careful.

Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2014 SRT WK2
4,977 Posts
^^ that's what I was thinking thanks king +rep...don't need the plastic pos anyways haha...ok time to fawk up some stock pins

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Are you guys removing the whole door panel to get a good grip?

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRT WK2
4,977 Posts
i am worried about snapping the pin inside the door...is it easy to do that? I was at the dealer yesterday and they said to install them properly they have to remove the door panels. I would prefer not to have to take that step, but if I must I will...but I don't care about the stockers so if I can just twist them off with some channel locks then I will...any other tips?

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
I thought they went a little more flush than that? Are yours pushed down all the way, or is that as low as they go?
These are a different style. The pins with the grooves don't sit flush.

i am worried about snapping the pin inside the door...is it easy to do that? I was at the dealer yesterday and they said to install them properly they have to remove the door panels. I would prefer not to have to take that step, but if I must I will...but I don't care about the stockers so if I can just twist them off with some channel locks then I will...any other tips?
I just used a cloth and pliers for the pins and a cloth and trim removal tool for the bezels. 10 minutes and I did not have to remove the door panels.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Hey af, you SRT is nasty and these door lock pins and bezels will add another 10 HP FYI.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.