Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey af, you SRT is nasty and these door lock pins and bezels will add another 10 HP FYI.
Now is that 10rwhp per pin/bezel, or for all four??? :lol:

LOL I didn't even know these even existed until earlier today when I was doing a totally unrelated search on here. Guess I need to get on this forum more!

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
My locks and bezels rattle due to my knobby mud tires and the bass from my door speakers.

I was thinking about sprinkling a little Plasti-Dip inside the bezels. It's a tight fit in there so I was just thinking of only spraying just a dap.

Do any of you think that will dampen the rattle?

The only other solution would be to put the plastic bezels back in and I do not want to do that because the billet bezels look good. Damn good.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I just used a cloth and pliers for the pins and a cloth and trim removal tool for the bezels. 10 minutes and I did not have to remove the door panels.
so I twisted with channel lock pliers and the stock pin didn't seem to move and I'm afraid of damaging the mechanism in the door. Should I try heating the stock plastic pin up a bit with a heat gun? Maybe take a dremel to it and just cut through it?

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
so I twisted with channel lock pliers and the stock pin didn't seem to move and I'm afraid of damaging the mechanism in the door. Should I try heating the stock plastic pin up a bit with a heat gun? Maybe take a dremel to it and just cut through it?
Really? Wrench those bad boys. Teach them a lesson. You WK is newer than mine. I would give the pliers and or vise grips another try.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
mine were a true pita to get off too you just really gotta give them hell...they will come out.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Finally got the pins in but the bezels seemed to tight so I left the stock plastic bezels in. I will post the aluminum bezels for sale on in the for sale forum.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Finally got the pins in but the bezels seemed to tight so I left the stock plastic bezels in. I will post the aluminum bezels for sale on in the for sale forum.
did you force the bezels in? If so they will close up some. I made them a
fairly tight fit to reduce rattle. You may need to trim the panel a little. Hopefully you didn't bend the rod removing stock pins.....Jon

121 - 129 of 129 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.