Working on some door lock pins also...Still preliminary

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
any way to make them lower? or does that require cutting the plunger?

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any way to make them lower? or does that require cutting the plunger?
I believe I can, how much lower would you like them?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I believe I can, how much lower would you like them?
ideally, as flush with the panel as possible, at least for the front locks, I'm fine if the plunger is a bit higher in the back seat. :D

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes the round pressed in part?

also i would like them almost flush with the top of the door when its locked. like maybe a little nipple sticking out. but I understand you have to please the masses.
Rob,
I should be able to make the bezels also, I'll maybe make something up to try on Monday, time permitting......:thumbsup:

ideally, as flush with the panel as possible, at least for the front locks, I'm fine if the plunger is a bit higher in the back seat. :D
I'll see what I can do, so I guess there would be no need for the grooves since they wouldn't be visible anyway.

·
Banned
Jeep Grand Cherokee
673 Posts
DEFINITELY IN....black though!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
...so I guess there would be no need for the grooves since they wouldn't be visible anyway.
correct. I prefer a silver brushed vs polished finished myself. :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
Could you do custom colors? If so I'd be in for a red one that goes flush when in.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Long Live the Grey Ghosts
13,492 Posts
ok. i already have bezels but it finishes it off for the rest. but I am interested in your locks as the ones I have cannot get flush as the Head of the lock is bigger than the hole in the bezels.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok. i already have bezels but it finishes it off for the rest. but I am interested in your locks as the ones I have cannot get flush as the Head of the lock is bigger than the hole in the bezels.

Don't know for sure if my pins will fit your bezels...Can you get me a measurement?

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
prototype bezel and door lock:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts