Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have you made any billett headrest post covers? I saw these mentioned on the red site and they tweaked my interest. :)

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
have you made any billett headrest post covers? I saw these mentioned on the red site and they tweaked my interest. :)
Honestly not sure what you mean, I'll try and search out over there.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
426 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
OK I see what you're talking about....what would you like them to look like?
I bought your door locks with the bezels, I'm thinking if they look like the bezels that would be good. Inside diameter would be larger and the length would be longer too, I tend to keep my headrests at the same height. Does that make sense?

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
I bought your door locks with the bezels, I'm thinking if they look like the bezels that would be good. Inside diameter would be larger and the length would be longer too, I tend to keep my headrests at the same height. Does that make sense?
Are you wanting something to replace the plastic insert?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just to cover up the chrome posts. A satin billett to match my door locks is fine, maybe have it flared at the top and bottom.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
I just to cover up the chrome posts. A satin billett to match my door locks is fine, maybe have it flared at the top and bottom.

I'll take a look at my headrests and see what I can come up with :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll take a look at my headrests and see what I can come up with :thumbsup:
sounds good, I can give you measurements if you want.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
sounds good, I can give you measurements if you want.
that would be great, then I'll know exactly what you want......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I think 1.90" in length and the post seems to be 0.40" in diameter, so the sleeve would have to allow for that size of post. I leave my headrests in the same position. I think the head rest posts have a curve in them, I tried to straighten my posts because the headrest was leaning forward to much.

As for the design, I'm thinking a bevel on both ends similar to the door pin sleeve you sell with your door pins.

Total of 4 sleeves to do the passenger and driver seats.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
I think 1.90" in length and the post seems to be 0.40" in diameter, so the sleeve would have to allow for that size of post. I leave my headrests in the same position. I think the head rest posts have a curve in them, I tried to straighten my posts because the headrest was leaning forward to much.

As for the design, I'm thinking a bevel on both ends similar to the door pin sleeve you sell with your door pins.

Total of 4 sleeves to do the passenger and driver seats.

Sorry,been very busy...I'll try and look into this this week. Do you leave your headrests extended? Other wise they wouldn't show if I'm picturing them correctly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts