Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get Black Chrome Jeep Emblems for the tailgate and hood of my 2014 GC SRT (Max steel) that is due to arrive 4/22?

Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Good Question... Also interested

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Carbondave,

Thanks for the link! Looks like the right place to go. Need to call them Monday and see if they have them for the 2014 GCSRT!!!

·
Registered
'15 SRT
284 Posts
I called the dealer b/c I wanted an entire set of emblems to have my shop matte black - unfortunately even w the new rears w the painted brow on the '14, the rear jeep emblem is a seperate piece, but it's not sold separately. I'm going to have the shop carefully remove, paint and reapply.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys

i own a wk2 as well with a dealership and work in the parts dept of it, i have used chrome jeep emblems, matte black and gloss black emblems, you can order any of these through any chrysler dealer.

Here are the part numbers

gloss black jeep emblem - #68193400aa
matte black jeep emblem - #68185492aa

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been doing extensive searching and so far no black badging for the 14 can be found. Badging on the doors are also new to the 14. Looms like they will have to be removed painted and re-applied.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Has anyone had a chance yet to figure out how to remove the rear "Jeep" emblem from a 2014 GC SRT yet? I would love to black chrome the emblem but since you cannot purchase this emblem from the dealer it has to be removed. Any info on how to remove it would be great. I know that rear gate panel has to come off. But how?

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey, thanks. No, that is not the correct badge. If you look at the rear of a 2014 GC you will notice the emblem is "inset" into the body panel and the badge itself has a black plastic backing. They are not seperate letters like most of the Jeep bedages. It is one piece. The fact that it is inset makes me think it might have a clip or some form of nut holding it in. Using fishing line would be so hard since it is inset into the body panel. So before I go and make a mistake or do damage of any kind I was hoping someone has figured it out. Plus in prder to replace the emblem you would have to purchase the entire rear panel of the truck. The panles come pianted from Mopar. What a pain this is going to be!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks for the info. Once I do figure it out I will post how it is done...

·
Registered
227 Posts
There is a member who has removed his badge and had the recess filled so there is no badge at all now. Forget the user name right now but he's in the middle east somewhere.
I think @Scottina06 removed his...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.