1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2010 Jeep SRT 8
306 Posts
soap and water

at least thats what i used when i had pvd wheels on my wk1

· Registered
521 Posts
Recently had my 14 in for an oil change. My service guy asks me what I am using on the rims because they look so good. I said Blackfire wheel and tire cleaner. He says that their SRT tech just got back from some sort of class for the SRTs and they recommend just soap and water on the rims. I haven't had any issues using the Blackfire, but that is SRTs recommendation for what it's worth.

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Recently had my 14 in for an oil change. My service guy asks me what I am using on the rims because they look so good. I said Blackfire wheel and tire cleaner. He says that their SRT tech just got back from some sort of class for the SRTs and they recommend just soap and water on the rims. I haven't had any issues using the Blackfire, but that is SRTs recommendation for what it's worth.
I'm currently using soap and water and an ammonia free glass cleaner to get off water spots. They look good!

· Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
47,728 Posts
I use my car wash soap...but I coated my wheels with blackfire sealant....2 good coats to make sure everything was covered. The dust just washes off with a steady stream of water.

· Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
47,728 Posts
I use a combo of meguiers #21 sealant and blackfire sealant on the paint and like above on the wheels. I just use my blower made for blowing off cars(from detailedimage) and blow the wheels off. Never any spots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.