Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, need your opinion. I have a blacked out (altitude style) WK2 and was thinking about adding this decal to my hood.

But I am having a hard time trying to picture whether or not this would look OK (black on black). Any ideas? I am thinking it would add to the stealth style of it. SRT8 headlights are coming soon as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
im always a fan of flat black on gloss black..... plus, it'll be way more subtle than that silver one.

·
Waggie
3,221 Posts
+1 to flat black on gloss black, though that decal isn't my favorite shape nor do I like the logos, but it's your rig.

I do however, love what Kingmonkey did with flat black stripes on gloss black:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow that looks nice. I'm gonna have to wait until it gets warmer here in NJ. Just read temperature needs to be at least 70F for installation.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do, price is not too bad... should be a fun project... thank you guys. I will update this thread when done.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I agree, the flat black looks awesome (IMHO) on the gloss black rig! Way cool!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks good on my Trailhawk in Granite with the clearcoat contrast with the flat black. If it fades after 5 yrs, who cares! After 5 yrs with 100,000+ miles you are going to trade it anyhow. I never keep anything with 4-wd that is used off road about 50% of the time here in North Dakota.

·
Registered
Limited 4x4
1,057 Posts
I also like fat black on glossy black.

Reactions: inverse121

·
Registered
144 Posts
+1 to flat black on gloss black, though that decal isn't my favorite shape nor do I like the logos, but it's your rig.

I do however, love what Kingmonkey did with flat black stripes on gloss black:

Anyone know a good shop in tri state area that does those stripea like kingmonkey...love that look

·
Registered
SRT8 ,HD,WRX,
765 Posts
To me that car should be called "Lord Vader" there's already a Storm Trooper here and both cars look sweet as to me would love to see the two cars on a angle to each other

iPad @ JeepGarage

1 - 18 of 18 Posts