Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 WK Crd
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Im new forum user . JGC crd owner 2010 79000 miles on the clock. Sorry about my english is not my first language.Car in limp mode and 3 codes come up P2A00,P0299,P2237.black smoke from exhaust.Still pull like train ,start easy ,engine work fine .any ideas before garage charge me lots of £££££ for change turbo ,injectors and who know what else. i dont use my car very offten now i have company van and someon told me to go for long drive and may help.problem is that black smoke behind me. any sugestions welcome. thank you

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would say, sounds like the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) is full. But I'm not sure if that year had one of them.

I found this clip on YouTube:

It supposedly fixes the P0299.

P2A00 is low air intake. As in the vehicle is not taking in enough air.

P2237 is the exhaust, it is reading that something is wrong with the materials going through the exhaust.

It definitely appears to be your turbo, I would give that video a try and while you are there, look into cleaning up your turbo as well, or whatever else you think should be cleaned up. (DO research for this!)

·
Registered
24 Posts
View attachment 233894 View attachment 233894 screenshot from my phone. I will strip my turbo actutator when i feel better after my covid jab.Thank you
Ohhh yeah, your turbo is not getting the flow it should. That is definitely part of the issue.

If need be, and you feel mechanically inclined. You can find a similar one to this, I'm sure, in your native country: Turbo Turbocharger For Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0L CRD 2007 + Electronic Actuator | eBay

Or get it shipped from here.

·
Registered
2010 WK Crd
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ohhh yeah, your turbo is not getting the flow it should. That is definitely part of the issue.

If need be, and you feel mechanically inclined. You can find a similar one to this, I'm sure, in your native country: Turbo Turbocharger For Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0L CRD 2007 + Electronic Actuator | eBay

Or get it shipped from here.

·
Registered
2010 WK Crd
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It would be cheaper! But could be an oppourtune time if you were looking at that upgrade before!
Thank you very much for your help for now. i looking for my JGC four long years. I got everything what i want plus srt seats. I check first actutator may change oxygene sensor and will let you know whats happen. think about upgrade just for about 270 hp and 580 Nm remap engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts