Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Altitude
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my jeep as it sits now. Currently I have Mopar ambient lights, pedals and chrome exhaust with my Husky Liners. I also debadged and removed lower air dam pieces up front. Made some BIG moves today. Having a summit grille custom painted to color match along with my rear brow from Scott. Also ordered SRT " Grand Cherokee " lettering, a chrome step pad surround, chrome fog lights, Mopar hitch and tow package! Really excited for all of this to come in.

Future mods include: RRO leveling kit, Cooper Zeons and overland wheels (next month)

Will post pics as these mods are completed. Wish me Luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
Limited
1,660 Posts
Beautiful color Jeep and the ambient lights are cool! Looks good as is but looking forward to seeing the changes you have in store. I think once the chrome strip is gone, you'll be pleased with the cleaner look. Good luck with all of your mods!

·
Registered
2015 Altitude
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beautiful color Jeep and the ambient lights are cool! Looks good as is but looking forward to seeing the changes you have in store. I think once the chrome strip is gone, you'll be pleased with the cleaner look. Good luck with all of your mods!
Thanks GB! Where in Louisiana are you located? I'm in Baton Rouge but back and forth between New Orleans alot seeing family.

·
Registered
2015 Altitude
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got bored today and thought I would try my hand at some painting. I started small on an idea I have had for a while. There is no real distinction for a Laredo X other than just knowing the difference, which is fine for me, I own one. However I got to thinking that it wouldn't be hard to adopt a badge for the X package. I have an "x" chrome letter from a dodge 4x4 logo. I basically painted it with the red Chrysler duplicolor I have and plan on using the same color for my calipers and front tow hooks. So I Layed the primer, paint and clear and think it turned out nicely. I think the "x" is pretty fitting for my jeep. Based on my mods and parts on the way it is really a creative mixture of different trim packages from overland to altitude to the trail hawk and recent adaptations to the new 14s. I like the "x" and you can see how it works I guess. Let me know your thoughts, good or bad. I'm liking for now. Will post more pics tomorrow of it on the vehicle. Let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Great looking ride. Going to town on that thing with all the mods... nice! You will be very pleased with the body color grill and rear brow. I'm liking the idea of putting the "X" on the rear- be sure to post a pic when complete. Pedals look great, but finish it off with the e-brake cover too. This thread has the info if you're interested.
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/santa-brought-me-a-pedal-kit-52139.html

·
Registered
Limited 4x4
1,057 Posts
Looks good. Nice color. I don't think I'll like that red "X" against blue. It screams Acura or Hunda. If it were a Trailhawk with additional red accents, it would be OK.

·
Registered
2015 Altitude
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks good. Nice color. I don't think I'll like that red "X" against blue. It screams Acura or Hunda. If it were a Trailhawk with additional red accents, it would be OK.
also planning on doing the calipers, tow hooks, jeep logo center caps and some engine stuff in red. Its not a trail hawk but i do like the red accents, can always remove the x like the factory badges its only 3M tape.

·
Registered
Limited 4x4
1,057 Posts
I also didn't realize the "X" will be your only badge. It would look OK with the others, but sticks out like a sore thumb if that's the only badge you have. Step away from the red rattle can... :)

·
Registered
2015 Altitude
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Having my hitch installed at the dealer today! Also removing molding and adding "Grand Cherokee" lettering. Thanks ajs800! Also Scott painting up my grill and rear brow. Pics later.

·
Registered
Cherokee
1,810 Posts
I also didn't realize the "X" will be your only badge. It would look OK with the others, but sticks out like a sore thumb if that's the only badge you have. Step away from the red rattle can... :)

the red rattle can haha. I think it would have looked better with the Laredo in front of it, then the red X

LaredoX.

·
Registered
Limited
1,660 Posts
My chrome fog bezels are in. Here is a shot with the molding swap as well. Such a big difference. Waiting for custom summit and rear brow to arrive sometime this week.
Looking good! From that angle that's what my Jeep looks like, wheels & all. Except for the color of course.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
the red rattle can haha. I think it would have looked better with the Laredo in front of it, then the red X

LaredoX.

Yeah what he said

1 - 20 of 39 Posts