Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

141 - 160 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
GC Altitude Black
15 Posts
Thank you Benno, I like the Blackhawk badge. but I'm current in operation delete Chrome (window trim and lug nuts) so I fell weird about putting badge on that has chrome on it.
Question is, has anyone painted the badge all black?
What'd you use to paint...and how did it turn out?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

^Look at page 11 of this thread. BlckWK2 painted his with accessory paint.

·
Registered
Altitude
825 Posts
Thank you Benno, I like the Blackhawk badge. but I'm current in operation delete Chrome (window trim and lug nuts) so I fell weird about putting badge on that has chrome on it.
Question is, has anyone painted the badge all black?
What'd you use to paint...and how did it turn out?

^Look at page 11 of this thread. BlckWK2 painted his with accessory paint.
Used standard Rust-Oleum Auto Gloss Black spray paint. A couple more shots. I like that it matches my setup and it is pretty discrete until you get closer to the vehicle.

BlckWK2_Badge1.jpg

BlckWK2_Badge2.jpg

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
285 Posts
New blackhawk badge ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1443555938.050340.jpg

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
66 Posts
Used standard Rust-Oleum Auto Gloss Black spray paint. A couple more shots. I like that it matches my setup and it is pretty discrete until you get closer to the vehicle.

View attachment 60885

View attachment 60886

Thanks for the pics, looks really good on your black blckWK2 ! I'm going to paint mine black hope it looks as good on my white altitude.

·
Registered
GRAND CHEROKEE ALT
9 Posts
Thanks so much! Got the badge today! Sadly we have pre-hurricane weather here so I don't see it going on before next week sometime...pics then.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hey Benn0, are you still willing to get a blackhawk badge or have any left?

Or is there anyone that does not want theirs?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Ok, I've sent off PMs to those who have expressed interest. I'm glad we haven't had any delivery failures yet.....

·
Registered
GC Blackhawk
142 Posts
Hey guys, I recently just purchased a second hand 2014 blackhawk in Aus. From my research before purchasing, this model only ran during 2014 and jeep no longer sell blackhawks in 2015. This could be the reason why everyone is having difficulties finding the correct part/badge. I am going to see a jeep dealer soon about some upgrades and will see if I can locate any badges.
Blackhawks are still being sold new. And still being advertised on jeep.com.au i got mine new late last year. Granite Crystal, Diesel

·
Registered
373 Posts
You're aware the BlackHawk is the Australian Altitude package?
If you don't have an Altitude/High Altitude you might as well be sticking a SS or Cobra badge on your Jeep.
Doesn't make sense.

I'm aware of that. I'm actually ordering one to put it on a High Altitude I will be getting next year. But even if I was not, I don't see what the big deal is about putting it on any other trim or vehicle. We all like to mod our rigs, yourself included. We are making them our own and honestly most of the population would not even notice it.

Your comment is a bit hypocritical. It is the same as me saying it does not make sense for you to put SRT wheels on your Jeep. Your Jeep is not an SRT. But that's your way of making it your own. So I don't get why you felt the need to post what you did.

141 - 160 of 190 Posts