Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey again guys; have another issue on our brand new jeep <400 miles on it. I keep getting the Message in the dash "Blind Spot Alert Temporarily Unavailable" with both mirror indicators illuminating at least once a day, driving down the interstate on the weekend it occurred 3 times about 45 mins apart. The only way to get it to go off is to turn the vehicle off and restart it. Works fine for a while after that. I crawled under the rear bumper and checked all the wiring connections to the two senors and they looked fine, nothing appears or feels loose. Looks like the only way to get the sensors out is to remove the rear bumper cover, esp for the one that's up and behind the muffler on the passenger side. Bumper is clean, no debris. Happens with no pattern, including on a two lane road this morning with no other vehicles but me and open fields on both sides of the road. Anyone have any insight to what may be going on here?

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Not sure this is the cause of your problem but I had a similar condition after having some body work done. Seems like the sensors were replaced in the bumper upside down. Even though they're round, there is a top and a bottom. When they reversed them they worked perfectly. Shouldn't be happening on a brand new Jeep but who knows.......?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Blind Spot senors are actually square, about 3"x3" tucked up in the rear bumper cover on the rear driver and passenger side, you cannot see them from the outside. I may see if I can somehow "reset" the system prior to making an appt with the dealer. I did confirm the bumper cover has to come off to service the system.

·
Registered
2017 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 Hemi & 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
142 Posts
I get that alert sometimes if I’ve been driving close to the center divider on a highway for a while like in construction zone where lanes are narrow and the wall is close to my vehicle. I figured I had just confused to computer. Once away from the wall for a few miles I get blind spot back.

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,644 Posts
IMHO it's under warranty Dealer Problem. You attempting to mess with it more hassle. Also Note those Sensors etc are like $800 and PITA to mess with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey again guys; have another issue on our brand new jeep <400 miles on it. I keep getting the Message in the dash "Blind Spot Alert Temporarily Unavailable" with both mirror indicators illuminating at least once a day, driving down the interstate on the weekend it occurred 3 times about 45 mins apart. The only way to get it to go off is to turn the vehicle off and restart it. Works fine for a while after that. I crawled under the rear bumper and checked all the wiring connections to the two senors and they looked fine, nothing appears or feels loose. Looks like the only way to get the sensors out is to remove the rear bumper cover, esp for the one that's up and behind the muffler on the passenger side. Bumper is clean, no debris. Happens with no pattern, including on a two lane road this morning with no other vehicles but me and open fields on both sides of the road. Anyone have any insight to what may be going on here?
Did you ever figure out what was causing it? I have a 2019 jeep compass that is doing the same thing, also has started telling me my sound system is unavailable and my park sense is unavailable. I live on a dirt road so I was thinking that maybe the sensors are dirty, I'm going to try and take a look at them and see, but I was wondering if you got your figured out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you ever figure out what was causing it? I have a 2019 jeep compass that is doing the same thing, also has started telling me my sound system is unavailable and my park sense is unavailable. I live on a dirt road so I was thinking that maybe the sensors are dirty, I'm going to try and take a look at them and see, but I was wondering if you got your figured out.
Hey sorry just now saw this; YES finally got it resolved. Bad sensor was causing the whole thing. There is no longer a separate "controller" so to speak, the sensors tie into the BCM. We reset them via his scan tool in the service department, same thing happened again a day later. Dealer ordered two new sensors since they could not diagnose which one was causing the issue as it was intermittent; installed both, problem solved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts