Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Jeep, Grand Cherokee Limited
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice the rear lights in the liftgate operate as tail and back-up only.
Has anyone tried/thought/checked-out making the red section illuminate as brake/turn lights, also?

I know, I'm weird. I'm in the middle of replacing the "rear fogs", from reflectors to operable brake/tail lights. And, I thought, the more brake lights the better.

TIA,
EJ

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
There's an adapter gismo i heard about that will blink the top hatch brake light on and off when braking to help get the behind driver's attention.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's an adapter gismo i heard about that will blink the top hatch brake light on and off when braking to help get the behind driver's attention.
Very familiar with those gizmos. I installed one on my motorcycle. And, I love it.
But that's not what I want for my 4 wheels.

Thanks, anyway,
EJ

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had that same thought tonight. I would like to do the same thing. I have alfa obd but not sure if it can be done yet, I need to do some more reserch.
It's a little deceiving. If you look into the housing, it appears to have a bulb behind the lens. But, there's no wires or socket behind that. I'm mulling over in my mind, the possibility of changing that.
I don't object to spending $$$ on "Plug and Play". I consider that 'updates'. I prefer to 'modifiy' the original equipment, myself. But that's just me.

EJ

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi GrampaEJ,
May be redundant, but I have been noticing that issue to with the 2017 and found going with Eagle Eye may be the best way to go in my case. I do not have wiring experience and don't want to mess with the Jeep :)

Best,
JeepHemiLyfe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts