Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2014 WK2 Overland
930 Posts
Bridgestones are notorious for premature edge wear regardless of what vehicle they are installed on.

·
Registered
JGC Overland
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Funny that this thread was resurrected. Shortly after I posted this, I found a set of brand new take-off 18" wheels/tires. They had the Goodyear Adventure Kevlar tires on them so I bought the set (for only $675!!). I ended up liking the ride and the look of the 18's vs the 20's that came on it, plus the tires are cheaper, which makes a difference to me as I average about 4500 miles/month. Those tires were AWESOME. They handled all weather, off-road, low noise, etc, and went about 60K miles before they turned into ice-skates on wet roads. I would have purchased them again, but Goodyear is WAY to proud of themselves on this tire...bumped the price too high. So I ended up with the Michelin Defenders LTX's anyway and I REALLY like them.

·
4WL TREK-er — so many trails, so little time
2016 JGC CRD
1,667 Posts
After two sets of A/T tires* I got tired of the road noise, so my current tires are the Michelin LTX M/S2 and I love them! Great ride, and quiet. And as I suspected they are adequate (enough) on the trail. My JGC is my daily driver but I do explore offroad some of the time — with 95K miles on it, I estimate less than 1K miles have been offroad. That’s about 1% offroad miles, and 99% pavement miles. With that mix of pavement / trail I think the LTX will be a winner. Only about 5K miles on them, they’re still new.

This pic on the trail and video in the mud are on the LTX tires.

* — BF Goodrich KO2s, and Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs were my previous A/T tires

21 - 23 of 23 Posts