Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
New to the forum my 1st post!!!
(kinda, I posted here because of better traffic)

So I come out of the grocery store to see someone backed into my 2011 Limited with HID lights.
The driverside headlight and grill need replacing . Thankfully all the lights still work but the housing is toast .
What's the easiest and cheapest way to replace headlight without having to replace both sides?

The Amazon aftermarkert headlights I've seen get mixxed reviews, I'm not sure if they come with or accept a ballast

If any of you guys have a 2011-13 driverr side headlight sitting around, let me know

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey guys,
New to the forum my 1st post!!!
(kinda, I posted here because of better traffic)

So I come out of the grocery store to see someone backed into my 2011 Limited with HID lights.
The driverside headlight and grill need replacing . Thankfully all the lights still work but the housing is toast .
What's the easiest and cheapest way to replace headlight without having to replace both sides?

The Amazon aftermarkert headlights I've seen get mixxed reviews, I'm not sure if they come with or accept a ballast

If any of you guys have a 2011-13 driverr side headlight sitting around, let me know

Thanks for any help
There is bunch of stuff out there that you can repair it with...!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Which version of the headlights do you have? The base halogen?

Edit: Nevermind, reread your post. I still have my old halogen lights lying around somewhere. But they aren't gonna be of any help to you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
slightly off-topic from OP. But one of my 2016 HID bi-xenon self-leveling bulbs just quit working. Quote from dealer for OEM bulb: $355!!!!!!!!!!!!! Labor to replace and calibrate: $200. That's for one bulb. Of course both need to be replaced. So I'm looking at over $1000 to change headlights, which every other vehicle I've owned I've done for ~$30-$50 myself. UGH!!!!!!

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
2,747 Posts
slightly off-topic from OP. But one of my 2016 HID bi-xenon self-leveling bulbs just quit working. Quote from dealer for OEM bulb: $355!!!!!!!!!!!!! Labor to replace and calibrate: $200. That's for one bulb. Of course both need to be replaced. So I'm looking at over $1000 to change headlights, which every other vehicle I've owned I've done for ~$30-$50 myself. UGH!!!!!!
If what happened is simply that the bulb burned out and you need to put a new bulb in there is nothing to recalibrate. At the dealer the bulb might be $100 though. I don't know what the book rate is to replace it. Theoretically it can be replaced thru small access holes in the fender lining but many of us have had to pull the front fascia off and then pull the whole headlight housing out to get to it. I would estimate someone familiar with doing that job could do the whole thing in no more than an hour's labor even pulling the fascia. So I'd consider them crooks if they wanted more than $200 for parts and 1 hours labor to do both sides.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts