Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Hello,

My wife's 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee is having the same issue. Over the past few months the bubble went from being in the top left to taking over the top 1/3 of the screen. The entire display is now unusable because of ghost taps. Radio, climate, nav, and settings are all inaccessible. It also managed to start a call while we were driving the other day and now poses a safety risk. What would be the best next steps to get this resolved?

Thanks!
@JeepCares

When I click on user name this is what I see, there's no option to send a message.
View attachment 244179
Hello cairnsjr13 and Bill Rose,

Please give a call to 877-426-5337 to discuss further.

Steph
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just financed a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT model and after a few weeks my screen is bubbling on the upper corners. I called JeepCares and they said im passed my warranty date what a crock a crap now what do I do the bubbles grow each day.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I just financed a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT model and after a few weeks my screen is bubbling on the upper corners. I called JeepCares and they said im passed my warranty date what a crock a crap now what do I do the bubbles grow each day.
Welcome aboard. The delaminating is a common problem, mainly on the 2018s, but also on some other years. The thread below has some how-to ideas on fixing it yourself plus other suggestions.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
FWIW
Finally got an appointment next week to get my Uconnect replaced for a $100 deductible with my USW ext. warranty.
The service writer told me out of pocket with no insurance it would be about a $1200 price tag.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
We're sorry to hear about the outcome of your request, Wunfstsrt. You are welcome to send us a private message with your VIN, or case number, and we can take a look into it for you.

Steph
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
FWIW
Finally got an appointment next week to get my Uconnect replaced for a $100 deductible with my USW ext. warranty.
The service writer told me out of pocket with no insurance it would be about a $1200 price tag.
Crapola!:( 2nd update!
After a couple days i noticed the tech who swapped out the Uconnect head unit cracked its plastic bezel below at the volume control area while replacing it.
In addition he denting the dash foam above it as i mentioned earlier.

My Jeep dealership was cooperative and ordered a new face plate which also includes the volume controls, blower speed, etc.
Cant be a cheap part but we'll see what happens. One week to a month to order it so they said.

People if and/or when you get this head unit professionally replaced my advice is to have the service writer have a go around like they do with a rental car and have them sign off on any or no peripheral damage around the head unit.

Reactions: 19GCTrailhawk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same issue, with my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. My first car purchase and have owned it less than a year, screen started going crazy on me about a week ago. Dealership confirmed, and ordered a new screen. Called Jeep at 1-877-426-5337 to see if they would cover the cost of replacing the obviously defective part, and my case was denied because I'm not the original owner and its out of the warranty period. Total BS, this makes the car incredibly unsafe due to the distracting phantom touches. Jeep should be either covering this or issue a recall

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same issue, with my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. My first car purchase and have owned it less than a year, screen started going crazy on me about a week ago. Dealership confirmed, and ordered a new screen. Called Jeep at 1-877-426-5337 to see if they would cover the cost of replacing the obviously defective part, and my case was denied because I'm not the original owner and its out of the warranty period. Total BS, this makes the car incredibly unsafe due to the distracting phantom touches. Jeep should be either covering this or issue a recall
Thats pretty much happened to me, I bought my 2018 preowned so the warranty was not included. I just had mine replaced today, bought replacement screen on Ebay for $400 and paid my mechanic $200 to install it. There are videos on YouTube about how to do it yourself but I dont have time for it, just paid so came out to $600 total. The replacement screen I got from Ebay they claim the bubble problem wont happen again..we shall see. So far so good, no phantom button pressing

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I too have a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the screen bubbling and was giving a price at the dealership of $1300! This seems to be a broad issue that Jeep should be taking care for us!

Hi Nelli,

Our team can take a look at your concerns as well. Feel free to send your VIN and current mileage, and we can check into your vehicle information from there.

Steph
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Where should i sent the VIN and current mileage?
Hi Nelli,

Usually, there is a "message" icon you can click if you hover over our name on this thread. However, we have been advised that new members do not have access to private messaging until you participate on the forum for a bit. If messaging does not work, you can give us a call at 877-426-5337 and we can review from there.

Steph
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

There is a replacement screen made by LG that can be used to repair. The item number is la084x01-sl01 (if yours is a 2018 or 2019) and is pretty hard to find but can be ordered from eBay (China) or a few other places. It's about $250 and you will have to diy. The only fix from the dealership is to replace the entire radio.
I buy 17-22 Replacement 8.4" Uconnect 4C UAQ LCD Display Touch Screen Radio Navigation | eBay to "fix" the ghost touch problem in my Grand Cherokee Sterling 2018, install it looks great but STILL THE SAME with new display, I still have the same ghost touch problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where should i sent the VIN and current mileage?
Hi Nelli,

Usually, there is a "message" icon you can click if you hover over our name on this thread. However, we have been advised that new members do not have access to private messaging until you participate on the forum for a bit. If messaging does not work, you can give us a call at 877-426-5337 and we can review from there.

Steph
Jeep Cares
1C4-RJFBG9JC-321360 56,000 miles

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
1C4-RJFBG9JC-321360 56,000 miles
Thanks for this information, Nelli! We were able to locate your information and will send you a message to discuss further.

Steph
Jeep Cares

201 - 217 of 217 Posts