Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
221 - 240 of 244 Posts

· Registered
2,596 Posts
My son 2018 Jeep has the same problem as most on this forum, bubbles all over the screen. With him away at college we tried to get you a good reliable car, screen clicks on all random buttons and gps is a mess. Just didn’t expect it with leas than 30k miles.
Hello,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look further into this for you.

William
Jeep Cares

· Registered
1 Posts
I’m having this same issue in my 2018 grand Cherokee which is also out of warranty (45K miles), @JeepCares can you help me out to resolve this defect please? Dealer is quoting $1K+ to fix it by installing a new radio when this is clearly a part that should have been recalled and replaced.

· Registered
3 Posts
The dealer will most likely install a refurbished unit that will do it again.

I just did this in my 2018 Scat Pack Challenger. It replaces the screen only, is hundreds cheaper than the dealer, takes less than an hour, and fixes it with the updated screen:

UConnect Screen replacement

if you’re able to hold a screw driver, you can do it.

I hope that helps.

· Registered
2,596 Posts
I’m having this same issue in my 2018 grand Cherokee which is also out of warranty (45K miles), @JeepCares can you help me out to resolve this defect please? Dealer is quoting $1K+ to fix it by installing a new radio when this is clearly a part that should have been recalled and replaced.
Hello vishthefish2,

As a newer member, private messaging may not be available to you right now. However, you are welcome to contact 877-426-5337 to speak with a live agent to review your concerns further.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
7 Posts
Hello!

I'm an original owner of a 2018 Jeep GC Unlimited with mileage of 39k. This is my third Jeep and cannot believe my infotainment system is flashing and flickering around. I do have the Mopar Max Care and will be making my appointment this Monday to address the issue.
Grateful to have located this thread!

Thank you!

· Registered
Grand cherokee 2018
1 Posts
Hello there !! I am a jeep grand cherokee 2018 original owner and I have the same problems as everyone in this forum.
I just want to know where can I send my radio to be fixed or which will be the best option in quality to buy a new radio for my jeep.
My e mail is [email protected] please send info.
Thanks!!

· Registered
Grand Cherokee
133 Posts
I have the same bubbling issue on my 2018. Started on the top left corner. It's slowly getting worse but I haven't done anything about it yet. I do not live in a hot area and my car is always in a garage when not driving.

· Registered
768 Posts
Original owner of a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee with less than 40k miles, noticed tonight in the top left corner what appears to be a sizable screen delamination. Have some questions
1) Has Stellantis/Jeep issued a recall or extended warranty for what appears to be a factory/manufacturing defect?
2) If I go to my Jeep dealer do they just replace the screen of the whole head unit?
a) If the whole head unit is new with an updated screen or a refurb of who knows what quality?
b) What if one has updated their navigation and XM radio, how does that transfer to the new head unit?
3) What have those who have had their headunit replaced noticed?

Also I feel that this affects climate/settings/radio/navigation and other features Jeep should be treating this as a major issue. I haven't seen the 2014-2017 or 2019+ owners seeming to have the same issue.

· Registered
126 Posts
My wife’s 2018 radio has the bubbling at top left corner. Took to dealer to verify Monday and they ordered a new radio and it’s in already at dealership. 55k miles and we do have the maxcare plan to cover it.

· Registered
2,596 Posts
Hello there !! I am a jeep grand cherokee 2018 original owner and I have the same problems as everyone in this forum.
I just want to know where can I send my radio to be fixed or which will be the best option in quality to buy a new radio for my jeep.
My e mail is [email protected] please send info.
Thanks!!
Hi Gustavo Camou,

I see you're located in Mexico, but it sounds like your Jeep was built or registered in the United States. We can have someone email you to take a further look into your vehicle information.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
2,596 Posts
I have the same bubbling issue on my 2018. Started on the top left corner. It's slowly getting worse but I haven't done anything about it yet. I do not live in a hot area and my car is always in a garage when not driving.
Hello tsouzee,

We can help take a further look into your vehicle information for you. Feel welcome to PM us your VIN and current mileage to get started.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
2,596 Posts
Original owner of a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee with less than 40k miles, noticed tonight in the top left corner what appears to be a sizable screen delamination. Have some questions
1) Has Stellantis/Jeep issued a recall or extended warranty for what appears to be a factory/manufacturing defect?
2) If I go to my Jeep dealer do they just replace the screen of the whole head unit?
a) If the whole head unit is new with an updated screen or a refurb of who knows what quality?
b) What if one has updated their navigation and XM radio, how does that transfer to the new head unit?
3) What have those who have had their headunit replaced noticed?

Also I feel that this affects climate/settings/radio/navigation and other features Jeep should be treating this as a major issue. I haven't seen the 2014-2017 or 2019+ owners seeming to have the same issue.
Hello Briant73,

We are not aware of any recalls or extended warranties related to touchscreens at this time. However, we are happy to check your vehicle information for any goodwill assistance options if you PM us your VIN. In regard to your additional questions, a dealer diagnosis is a good place to start as well so they can inspect your radio and determine which component would need to be replaced.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
2,596 Posts
My wife’s 2018 radio has the bubbling at top left corner. Took to dealer to verify Monday and they ordered a new radio and it’s in already at dealership. 55k miles and we do have the maxcare plan to cover it.
Hello 2014BB,

We're glad to hear this is being addressed for you! If you need additional support through the repair process, our team is available via PM to discuss further.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
1 Posts
@JeepCares I’m about to purchase a 2018 wrangler Sahara but the screen has the beginnings of the bubble problem. , the shop won’t do anything about it. They are working on a discount. Is there any extended replacement program. My wife’s 2018 GC had the same problem. But it was covered by the extended cerified pre owned warranty. Thanks!

· Registered
2,596 Posts
@JeepCares I’m about to purchase a 2018 wrangler Sahara but the screen has the beginnings of the bubble problem. , the shop won’t do anything about it. They are working on a discount. Is there any extended replacement program. My wife’s 2018 GC had the same problem. But it was covered by the extended cerified pre owned warranty. Thanks!
Hi RadDad,

Please contact 877-426-5337 and our team would be more than happy to check for any available options for you.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
2,596 Posts
I am having the same issue with my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude. How can I open a case?
Hi erinmchale23,

Please contact us at 877-426-5337 and our team is happy to look into this for you!

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
2018 WK2 Limited 4x4 V6
35 Posts
I took my 2018 GC Limited to the dealership last week. My aftermarket extended warranty is covering a full head unit replacement. Zero flack or issues in getting it done.
63,000 miles and it lives outside 100% of the time.

· Registered
2,596 Posts
Im having same issue on 2018 grand cherokee. Dealership is charging me for diagnostic. What can i do
Hi Ksquared00,

Thanks for letting us know! Messaging may not be available to you as a newer member on the forum, but you can contact us at 877-855-8400 for further assistance.

Steph
Jeep Cares

221 - 240 of 244 Posts