Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same issue with my Uconnect where the screen on my 2018 Grand Cherokee (41k miles/out of warranty) has bubbled. The dealer is saying $2,000 for a new unit, knowing this was defective and this is an issue in hot areas. If they know they shouldn't install these monitors in the cars. I am hoping @JeepCares responds to my customer service call. I guess if I pay for a new one, the same issue will happen in 2 years.
I have the same issue. The bubble started at the left hand corner and now spread all the way to the right. It selects whatever it wants on my touchscreen. Turns the heater and/or ac on sometimes, changes radio stations, calls people, and wipes out the memory of my saved stations. I have a 2018 Jeep grand cherokee overland high altitude. The dealer says Im out of warranty. It sucks that jeep wont replace this considering they know its a known issue and they have aknowledged they are selling a defective screen and its bound to happen to many people. Its just a matter of it happening before the warranty or after. In my case I noticed it right at 35,900 miles when I was on a road trip. When I got back it was out of warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue. The bubble started at the left hand corner and now spread all the way to the right. It selects whatever it wants on my touchscreen. Turns the heater and/or ac on sometimes, changes radio stations, calls people, and wipes out the memory of my saved stations. I have a 2018 Jeep grand cherokee overland high altitude. The dealer says Im out of warranty. It sucks that jeep wont replace this considering they know its a known issue and they have aknowledged they are selling a defective screen and its bound to happen to many people. Its just a matter of it happening before the warranty or after. In my case I noticed it right at 35,900 miles when I was on a road trip. When I got back it was out of warranty.
@JeepCares

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear about the various concerns you're experiencing surrounding your Uconnect systems recently. If you're currently working with your dealer and would like us to look into this for you, don't hesitate to send us a private message with your VIN and additional details.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Reactions: 6x4x4

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hel

Hello, just a feedback about the issue:
I took the car to a dealership. They ordered a new radio (the entire unit, not only the screen) under warranty
. Although they said the device would arrive in 5 days, it’s still not available after 25 days now. I contacted the dealership again and they said that it has no forecast when the unit will arrive. It’s really terrible since the bubble keeps growing and the ghost touches now made the radio totally useless. The stations change by itself and I cannot use the GPS. I pay for Sirius services and can’t use it !
Hope they can find a unit soon.
I will keep updated here.
Cheers !

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too Am having the same issue with my 2018 jeep grand Cherokee. I brought it to the dealer they told me it was gonna cost $1500 to fix. If this is an issue with all of the screens why is it not recalled? I refuse to pay that much money for something that is obviously defective. I would like to open a case! It’s very dangerous driving with it like this the navigation doesn’t work sometimes the radio will all of a sudden blast full volume. There is obviously a problem that Jeep needs to address

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear about the various concerns you're experiencing surrounding your Uconnect systems recently. If you're currently working with your dealer and would like us to look into this for you, don't hesitate to send us a private message with your VIN and additional details.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
I am only responding on this thread so that I can hopefully submit a private message.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I may as well just repeat this post:

“I too Am having the same issue with my 2018 jeep grand Cherokee. I brought it to the dealer they told me it was gonna cost $1500 to fix. If this is an issue with all of the screens why is it not recalled? I refuse to pay that much money for something that is obviously defective. I would like to open a case! It’s very dangerous driving with it like this the navigation doesn’t work sometimes the radio will all of a sudden blast full volume. There is obviously a problem that Jeep needs to address.”

Because this is my issue to a T. Started slowly, issue would go away for a time but now it’s full blown chaos with constant ghost button changes on radio, XM, climate control, etc - everything.

JeepCares continuously posts here that if we give them our VIN they will look into it. Look into what?Will they contact my dealer (Northpoint Jeep in Winston-Salem, NC) and arrange the repair? Will it be affordable? $1500 for a new radio in a car I’ve driven less than 4 years/55k miles … I’ve never heard of such a thing.

Thing is, I love my Jeep otherwise. Dream daily driver. But this has ruined my experience.

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quick update. The dealer replaced my console today. I had to pay a $100 deductible per my MOPAR warranty policy. I will work with Chrysler/Jeep customer support to get it reimbursed. While all of this did take a couple months (half of which was due to getting my MOPAR warranty reactivated), I am happy with the end result. In my case, I was in a worse position with MOPAR warranty because that added an extra step and I had to pay my deductible up front. My understanding is that Chrysler/Jeep is covering everyone who opens a case with screen delimitation issue. They know it's an issue and are stepping up to make it right. Good luck to everyone.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Hey Gang. Add me to the list of 2018 GC owners with a delaminating Uconnect screen. I just sent a PM to @JeepCares. I've been a loyal Jeep owner for over 20 years ('00 Cherokee, '04 GC, '11 GC, '18 GC) and hope they will do right by me. Fingers crossed.

I guess the big question is has the cause of this been identified and corrected in the new units that are being installed? I guess only time will tell. But I hope we are not just kicking this can down the road 3 years.....

121 - 130 of 130 Posts