Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
161 - 180 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Trailhawk
432 Posts
Just bought a 2018 GC Summit with the same issue, bubble on the top half of the screen. Seems to be w wide spread issue, what next?
Take it back to the seller immediately! It's a known issue on the 2018 model, so any potential buyer should be inspecting the screen carefully prior to purchase. If it came from a dealer, then shame on them for not taking care of this before selling it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take it back to the seller immediately! It's a known issue on the 2018 model, so any potential buyer should be inspecting the screen carefully prior to purchase. If it came from a dealer, then shame on them for not taking care of this before selling it!
Appointment 2/16 for this issue. Dealer hinted at replacement but will need to get Jeep to review for replacement. Screen doesn't hold saved stations and the climate controls switches from heated steering wheel to heated seats then to cooled seats all on it's own...

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee had a bubble appear on the screen,1 year past warranty. Any way Jeep can cover this defective issue? It’s very dangerous driving with the ghost clicks as it called random people, changed the station 20 times in a matter of seconds and unable to use gps as it add stops. Would love to buy another Jeep but this is factoring into my decision. @JeepCares

·
Registered
3 Posts
Appointment 2/16 for this issue. Dealer hinted at replacement but will need to get Jeep to review for replacement. Screen doesn't hold saved stations and the climate controls switches from heated steering wheel to heated seats then to cooled seats all on it's own...
Dealer said, Jeep is out of warranty and Jeep will not cover the issue despite the safety factor. Cannot believe a MFG. would not cover a known issue. After being a Jeep owner since 2002 this is the first time I'm disappointed with Jeep.

02/17/2022
So, I called JEEP this morning spoke to a representative about the issue and it possible being a safety issue and his response was, "Jeep cannot cover anything electrical on the vehicle but, if there is a recall in the future hold onto your receipt and call them back for reimbursement" Unbelievable!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear about the various concerns you're experiencing surrounding your Uconnect systems recently. If you're currently working with your dealer and would like us to look into this for you, don't hesitate to send us a private message with your VIN and additional details.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
I am also experiencing this issue with my 2018 Grand Cherokee. I would love to get some information on how to start a conversation about getting this fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dealer said, Jeep is out of warranty and Jeep will not cover the issue despite the safety factor. Cannot believe a MFG. would not cover a known issue. After being a Jeep owner since 2002 this is the first time I'm disappointed with Jeep.

02/17/2022
So, I called JEEP this morning spoke to a representative about the issue and it possible being a safety issue and his response was, "Jeep cannot cover anything electrical on the vehicle but, if there is a recall in the future hold onto your receipt and call them back for reimbursement" Unbelievable!!!!
I got the same today- hold on to your receipt in case there is a recall.......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, I called "Jeep Cares" and it appears they do not care. At all. They told me I am on my own. Clearly this is a known defect. This will be my very last Chrysler product.
Known defect or not, it SHOULD be known. I have a Jeep Compass May 2019 and bubbles also started forming, one each side top of the screen. We live in the UK, very mild weather.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares
@JeepCares I found this forum after googling my screen issue. I,too, have a 2018 that has a screen bubble that has formed and only has 40k on it. It is out of warranty but this is a clear issue. Any help?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
@JeepCares I found this forum after googling my screen issue. I,too, have a 2018 that has a screen bubble that has formed and only has 40k on it. It is out of warranty but this is a clear issue. Any help?
Hi dales023,
Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further.

Sarah
Jeep Cares

Reactions: The7thS0N

·
Registered
3 Posts
Previously, I have posted about a nuisance clock adjust message in the Uconnect of my Grand Cherokee. Now I realized that this is happening because of a bubble in the screen that is getting bigger day after day. This bubble ends making some ghost touches in the touch screen and now, besides the clock message, the radio, the GPS or whatever I have on the screen keeps changing all the time. Really annoying. Does anyone had the same issue? The car is 2018, I am afraid this issue is not covered by the warranty anymore and in this case I think it’s going to be very expensive if it needs to be replaced.
Any thoughts?
Same issue. This should be a recall. I’m in Philadelphia and it’s not even hot here year round.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Same issue. This should be a recall. I’m in Philadelphia and it’s not even hot here year round.
Hi KPH,
Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN as well, we'd be happy to look into the situation.

Sarah
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
@JeepCares I am also having this same issue - 2018 GC. Bought used at 17K miles and the issue started at ~21K miles and has gotten worse to the point that it is now selecting things on the screen on its own. Current mileage is just under 29K. Looking for an appropriate solution.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
@JeepCares I am also having this same issue - 2018 GC. Bought used at 17K miles and the issue started at ~21K miles and has gotten worse to the point that it is now selecting things on the screen on its own. Current mileage is just under 29K. Looking for an appropriate solution.
Thanks
Lots of discussion about this in the Audio/Visual section of the forum. Here's one.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Thanks
Hi DJP,
Since there are no active recalls in regard to touchscreens at the moment, this would be something that would be handled accordingly under the applicable warranty. Given that you're outside of the manufacturer's warranty by time and not the original owner of the vehicle, sadly we're unable to offer financial assistance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We'd recommend working with your local dealer in order to have your concerns diagnosed and repairs performed. If you do decide to proceed with getting your Uconnect touchscreen fixed, you can certainly hold onto your receipts/repair orders. In the case that this becomes a recalled item in the future, you are more than welcome to reach out to our team in regard to cost assistance, at that time.

Sarah
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi DJP,
Since there are no active recalls in regard to touchscreens at the moment, this would be something that would be handled accordingly under the applicable warranty. Given that you're outside of the manufacturer's warranty by time and not the original owner of the vehicle, sadly we're unable to offer financial assistance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We'd recommend working with your local dealer in order to have your concerns diagnosed and repairs performed. If you do decide to proceed with getting your Uconnect touchscreen fixed, you can certainly hold onto your receipts/repair orders. In the case that this becomes a recalled item in the future, you are more than welcome to reach out to our team in regard to cost assistance, at that time.

Sarah
Jeep Cares

Hello @JeepCares,

I am having the same issue, it's gotten progressively worse the last few weeks. I own a 2018 Grand Cherokee Altitude, I am the original owner & 40k miles. I signed up today and tried to DM you but not seeing anywhere I can send a message. Please contact me, thanks.

-Chris

161 - 180 of 217 Posts