Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
The factory doesn’t have them laying around. They are built to order.

a dealer might have an ordered jeep in progress that the customer canceled, but that is hit or miss and the dealers do that not the factory.

a factory order is built to order.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks!

I received the Build Sheet from my salesman which included the details of what he ordered for me and the total price of the car.

Also received was a copy of the Cash Options and Lease Options that were discussed and agreed upon the day of order. He said these could change by maximum $15/month depending on the incentives at the time the vehicle comes in. He mentioned that he rarely sees the changes being dramatic and that they are usually always able to negotiate back to the agreed upon price if any increases do occur. Not sure if that’s just sales BS but I’ll take his word for it.

Are these different from the “Bill of Sale”? I haven’t signed anything yet - only a deposit of $500.

Also, what’s your take on the WK2 JNAP being shut down this week? I’m really hoping in my scenario that they already have a 2021 GC Laredo ready for sale and waiting for a customer name to be assigned to it so it’ll still only take 6-8 weeks? Mines a basic model - Black exterior/Black interior. No clue though…

This is a new process for me so any info helps! Thanks!
I'm not sure if it is the same or different form the bill of sale however, it appears everything is in your favor. As long as the price you settle for does not increase. As for the shut down, I'm confident it will start up again as this has happened before ... what is sad is that it affected families. This is the website I read...

·
Super Moderator
10,306 Posts
Also, what’s your take on the WK2 JNAP being shut down this week? I’m really hoping in my scenario that they already have a 2021 GC Laredo ready for sale and waiting for a customer name to be assigned to it so it’ll still only take 6-8 weeks? Mines a basic model - Black exterior/Black interior. No clue though…
All Jeep JGCs are "sold" prior to production, either to an end buyer like yourself with a factory order or to a dealer who ordered it for their own sales purposes. There is no "stockpile" of JGCs and they don't make any for speculative reasons and force them on dealers like some other manufacturers. So either you have a valid order for what you want (with a VON) or the dealer already has a dealer order in for what you want...which you should also be able to get the VON and VIN for.

·
Registered
Laredo
49 Posts
Thanks Jim. Do you think it’d be too aggressive to reach out to my salesman to see if he can provide my VON, or maybe even my VIN if it’s available? Order was placed on Monday 9/20.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Thanks Jim. Do you think it’d be too aggressive to reach out to my salesman to see if he can provide my VON, or maybe even my VIN if it’s available? Order was placed on Monday 9/20.
You will get your VON. Your dealer can't actually place your order if they don't have any allocations left this month. They will place the order when the October allocation opens up. They could also change an existing order which is one of the
the possibilities you alluded to earlier. Don't feel bad about calling. Especially since you left a deposit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It takes several days to get the von/vin.
Don’t stress after 2 days, i would wait for end of week before i ping the dealer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It takes several days to get the von/vin.
Don’t stress after 2 days, i would wait for end of week before i ping the dealer.
My dealer emailed me my VIN/VON [they're on the same sheet] about one week after my purchase order.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If it helps, I ordered my 24AUG and received the notice 2 days ago that the shipping date is on 2OCT... which is a total of 6 weeks
I had the same. Mine was actually built three weeks after I ordered it (21 GCL Summit). That was June 2. The reports still have no ETA listed. It’s been in Albuquerque since July 27 and no estimated arrival in Santa Fe.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had the same. Mine was actually built three weeks after I ordered it (21 GCL Summit). That was June 2. The reports still have no ETA listed. It’s been in Albuquerque since July 27 and no estimated arrival in Santa Fe.
Could be a variety of reasons, the main reason I think is they're holding it till more jeeps can be transferred to your local area.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ordered mine on June 14th, delivered and driven off the lot on August 6th .. of course this is in NYC. A 2021 Grand Cherokee Ltd 4x4
View attachment 237299

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just curious how you knew you were built (kz status) in 3 weeks. That is very uncommon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If it helps, I ordered my 24AUG and received the notice 2 days ago that the shipping date is on 2OCT... which is a total of 6 weeks
Lucky are you
June 1st ordered a grand Cherokee L summit reserve V8 on a rail car Oct 2
Still 7 more days at least before I see it

·
Registered
Laredo
49 Posts
Order date was 9/20/21

Received my VIN number today (10/5/21) after reaching out to my salesman

Status is in “D - Firm schedule:serial number is assigned”

Big relief now that I have a VIN

Wondering how long it usually takes from D status. (I know it probably varies greatly)

·
Registered
145 Posts
@SportsFan06K any update on your order? You mentioned the expected ship date was 2OCT.
@GoBirds0215 Funny you mention that... I called the dealer last week on an update and he told me that the shipping date changed to 13OCT (today)... why they never told me... lack of dealer/customer service? Anywho I have a D1 - Gateline: Plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned (today). Also, the customer service number is 800-777-3600. I have a VON. I have a VIN... but no Jeep, yet...

·
Registered
Laredo
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Is there some easy way to find out if a car has actually been built. After my first order was cancelled almost 5 weeks after the build date, I am now looking at another vehicle with a nominated build date of 28 August but would like to check if it is actually built. Note that I am in Australia.

·
Super Moderator
10,306 Posts
Is there some easy way to find out if a car has actually been built. After my first order was cancelled almost 5 weeks after the build date, I am now looking at another vehicle with a nominated build date of 28 August but would like to check if it is actually built. Note that I am in Australia.
You'll have to check with Jeep customer service.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts