Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Project Six Shooter V2 / ROUSH Prototype Tech
14 WK2
9,169 Posts
Its back!! Insurance charge to other guy was approx $20200 in the end but its back to being absolutely immaculate :D Will be fitting my customised cargo basket this week & relocating my second fuel filler neck to behind the fuel door so I don't have to climb under the Jeep like an idiot at the gas station lol. Pictures should start flowing again soon
Thats great news bro!

·
Registered
97 XJ,99Mustang GT C
360 Posts
I have just completed a major front end rebuild on mine -Near side front wheel bearing, Both track rod ends ,1 steering rack end joint ,2 front sway bar links and 4 wheel tracking. Now no knocking and straight steering wheel when driving!!

·
Registered
97 XJ,99Mustang GT C
360 Posts
Its never ending !! Today did Royal Purple transmission oil, Royal Purple front and rear diff oils and Engine oil with K&N oil filter.

Then took off the winter wheels stock 17" with Cooper Discoverer, rims powder coated gloss black.
Put on the summer wheels SRT rims with Pirelli Scorpion Verde, Powder coated metallic dark grey.
Followed by a good wash down.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Turns out my hub & wheel bearing was damaged in the accident & no one picked up on it. Something else to add my costs :( Not the most expensive of parts but still annoying as i'm now having to cover it when the accident wasn't my fault. Grrr

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Kinda. Had it back (for the 3rd time) about an hour now. Been back to get overspray sorted, hub / wheel bearing was shot (which wasn't picked up on as thought it was just the handbrake shoe making the noise). Almost there now though but going back in Tuesday to get the replacement wheel matched to the others as the colour is slightly different, then back in Friday to get my side skirt lights sorted. Come next weekend, all will be well but in the mean time, at least it's back & useable

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
2 hours in & the modified cargo basket is on (with mopar graphic & a lot lower than standard), plus new swan neck 13 pin mopar tow bar :) My spare PCM has also just arrived so I can have a go at messing about with mine & not care if I brick it again lol. CB antenna on & cable ran, just need the radio now

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Modified tow bar mount means my mountain bike carrier can now be fitted without hitting the bumper & tyre / wheel fits on the roof a treat. Just need to fabricate a locking mechanism for it. Trouble with having 2 dogs is I can't put the spare in the boot. The startech exhaust & second tank run whether the factory spare goes

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Next on the agenda is reverse lights on back of cargo basket & windscreen mount light bar

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
After working 33 hours in 2 days, decided to take the afternoon off & mess with the jeep. Finally got round to fitting my USDM PCM! After unlocking my WCM to it using starscan, the diablosport works!!! After they told me it wouldn't work with export & my plan was not gonna make a difference, I would like to show them my middle finger :)

·
Registered
97 XJ,99Mustang GT C
360 Posts
Its looking good !!

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
337 Posts
Hello !

Awesome truck ! We seem to have gone for similar ideas (offroad capable but still has the looks).

I am really keen on knowing how you got those fender flares, probably the only mod I am missing on my truck - sorry if you posted this already.

Feel free to have a look at my truck in my garage, had done some similar stuff.

Cheers!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Thanks peeps, yeah it's a good combination. Just looked at yours & loving the colour. The black bits you've done contrast really nicely. I don't think I've seen one that colour over here. You've also reminded me I need to buy a catch can!

I made the flares as the only ones I could find were from facelift EUDM SRTs but I wanted wider plus also wanted squarer to look more agressive. I will dig out a link but think it's on the other site so will pm it when at my computer

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Hello !

Awesome truck ! We seem to have gone for similar ideas (offroad capable but still has the looks).

I am really keen on knowing how you got those fender flares, probably the only mod I am missing on my truck - sorry if you posted this already.

Feel free to have a look at my truck in my garage, had done some similar stuff.

Cheers!
I can't seem to find my post from when I done the arches but basically:

I drew the outline of the arches & created a CAD drawing in illustrator, cnc routed the shape out of 3mm foam board then made the outer edge slightly smaller. Double sided taped the inner to the car, put some 1/4" polystyrene on, the taped the outer on so it would retain its shape. Then I removed them, wrapped them in fiberglass, smoothed & had them painted & bonded to the car. It was definitely one of those projects that seemed easier on paper than actually doing it

On the SRT club in Russia, theres a guy making exact replicas of the factory ones but they weren't big enough for what I wanted & he refuses to send out of the country anyway. If you know someone near Moscow & just want them for the look, he might be worth contacting

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
337 Posts
I can't seem to find my post from when I done the arches but basically:

I drew the outline of the arches & created a CAD drawing in illustrator, cnc routed the shape out of 3mm foam board then made the outer edge slightly smaller. Double sided taped the inner to the car, put some 1/4" polystyrene on, the taped the outer on so it would retain its shape. Then I removed them, wrapped them in fiberglass, smoothed & had them painted & bonded to the car. It was definitely one of those projects that seemed easier on paper than actually doing it

On the SRT club in Russia, theres a guy making exact replicas of the factory ones but they weren't big enough for what I wanted & he refuses to send out of the country anyway. If you know someone near Moscow & just want them for the look, he might be worth contacting
Thanks, indeed I won't be going down the custom build due to limited time (kid and job and wife etc etc). I did manage to find a French supplier but with a name such as MaxChrome I am hesitant :) they also look really thin and artificial so will probably not go down that route:

http://www.maxchrome.fr/index.php?id_product=502&controller=&id_lang=1

What in fact I really do want is this look! can't seem to find the guys who did this though:

This is intel I got from searching the WH forums on an Aussie jeep forum. If I could get my hands on a cheap set from a written off SRT (export models such as ours) I would settle for that also, but can't seem to find any.

Yea thanks on the note regarding the color of my truck, I specifically went looking of this 'mineral grey', but think I would also like the look of a Nardo Grey.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Ah right, there's arches like that used to be made by a company in Iceland but are now discontinued. Sarona in USA have some which you could get a body shop to modify quite easily to give you that look

Those chrome ones are rubbish; they only stick out a few mm

Not a fan of Nardo myself as just looks like base coat / primer lol

41 - 58 of 58 Posts