Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think I'd rather have the extended flares from the new 2014 Trailhawk concept...they'd be OEM and I think they'd have a cleaner look to them...JMHO.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I think I'd rather have the extended flares from the new 2014 Trailhawk concept...they'd be OEM and I think they'd have a cleaner look to them...JMHO.
Agree. But will they fit a 2012, and are they even available. I want so much to like Bushwacker flares but can't get past all the screws staring at me.

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Well they took the chance and did the pocket styled flares first so if you want a smooth style then you are going to have to keep bombarding them with emails.

I see these pocket styled flare ending up on those hard core off roader rigs. but for now there are not much out there since there is now much out there for the WK2 as yet.

·
Registered
2012 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7
463 Posts

·
Registered
Limited 4x4
1,057 Posts
I'm guessing once AutoAnything starts carrying them, they will be cheaper. I like them, but you definitely need AT or MT tires to go with them.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'm going to put these on my Trailhawk II but I'm going to cover up the rivets with bullet-hole stickers. How's that for sweet?!

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee 4x4
393 Posts
I'm with you guys. Don't like all the screws staring at me. But....couldn't you hide them some by using black screws? You'd obviously still see the "pockets" but it'd be at least a little more subtle.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Sweet. Adding these to my wish list.
I agree with the black screws idea. Should help a bit, and will only take a bit of spray paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
I love the look! My question however, is the functionality. Can someone post a shot facing down the bodyline, as to view how much these new flares protrude away from the body? I would like to know that im getting a little extra debris protection if i end up buying these. Thanks

·
Registered
2012 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7
463 Posts
I read in a post it give about 1 -1 1/4" more them OME ? let me see if i can find it

·
Registered
55 Posts
Awesome thanks. More than I thought

·
Registered
33 Posts
I love the look! My question however, is the functionality. Can someone post a shot facing down the bodyline, as to view how much these new flares protrude away from the body? I would like to know that im getting a little extra debris protection if i end up buying these. Thanks
Do you understand with this shot?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.