Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.......Does it have a coin holder?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That was an odd thing left out in 2012 and drew comments. Not really a deal breaker for me, just having some fun! :D

·
Registered
High Altitude 4x4
4,181 Posts
We found the coin holder. It's at the very rear of the middle console just below the tray on the 2012s. It's a small trough. Chapstick fits there perfectly too. I remember that thread though, fun read.

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We found the coin holder. It's at the very rear of the middle console just below the tray on the 2012s. It's a small trough. Chapstick fits there perfectly too. I remember that thread though, fun read.
Nope, nice try though. :D

·
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
541 Posts
It's the small space remaining in the center console/arm rest next to the cd player.

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
grand cherokee MY13
748 Posts
Why did they remov the cd player from where it was
Just stupid idea
Some times its better tomjudt leave well enough alone

·
Registered
'10 Nissan Maxima SV
353 Posts
The CD Player location is terrible as it took away the center console as a "useful" storage console. Heck, my Nissan Maxima has more storage lol

·
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
541 Posts
Is this the right place to mention they removed the flipper glass, or is it too soon to do that?

·
Registered
'10 Nissan Maxima SV
353 Posts
Is this the right place to mention they removed the flipper glass, or is it too soon to do that?
:lol: Please, don't remind me about that because that's what's still making me look at the MY13's!!! (Can't say I'd ever use it having sedans until I get my JGC - but it's nice to have it!!!)

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,842 Posts
NO! :eek: Surly you jest! Why didn't somebody mention this before now?

Oh, wait, maybe they did. :eek:

·
Registered
2012 Jeep GC Limited
689 Posts
They removed the flipper glass because the glass now rolls down. Didn't you guys see that handle that you crank to roll the rear window? If not, that will be a nice mod though! :D

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2014 Grand Cherokee optional CD player. There is no CD player in or behind the Radio/Nav screen.
Guess no CD player for me then if I get a new GC......just use bluetooth from iPhone.

Still....no coin holder! My previous WK had a spring loaded coin holder for each coin. I just use a little round Gladware container which holds a lot more....

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I don't understand how the CD player can take up the entire storage area. CD players are much smaller than that storage area.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I find the flipper glass to be handy. Instead of it you now get a larger wing with the center stop light than previous WK2's.

·
Registered
'10 Nissan Maxima SV
353 Posts
Guess no CD player for me then if I get a new GC......just use bluetooth from iPhone.
I honestly think Disc-player are close to being dead in vehicles - with flash media being so dirt cheap, you can get quadruple the space that was available on the HDD in the MY13s. I use is on my Maxima now but would rather save the $3K package option and use a USB stick/drive or SD card - which the MY14s seem to implement very well.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2014 Overland
606 Posts
They removed the flipper glass because the glass now rolls down. Didn't you guys see that handle that you crank to roll the rear window? If not, that will be a nice mod though! :D
That's still my favorite feature of all 4runners.

I wish more manufacturers would do a power rear window. So nice to open the sunroof and just crack the rear window to get rid of the sunroof wind pulsing.

That...and just the overall convenience of throwing a board in there.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
2014 Grand Cherokee optional CD player. There is no CD player in or behind the Radio/Nav screen.
Seeing this pic really makes me regret picking the CD player option. I knew where it was when I ordered it but I didn't realize the left over storage space was so shallow and that you lost the upper storage area as well. Oh well, it's my wife's vehicle and she wanted the CD player...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts