Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
NA
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looks like a 2014 is about $10k more than a 2012-13. Is the A8 trans really worth the premium vs the A5?
What else does the '14 have over a '12? This would be my daily driver.

Finally, what is needed (outside of the obvious like dropping a ton if $ on FI) to get these into the mid 12s or better?

·
Premium Member
Dah! My Jeeps
825 Posts
I had a 12 overland and switched to a 15 because the 8 speed trans and the 8.4" head unit makes the car different. COMPLELTY different.
I now own a 2017 SRT, so don't let the overland used as an example throw you off. I still think the 8 speed is a game changer, especially after logging 60K miles on my overland, Durnago, and Jeep SRT.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks like a 2014 is about $10k more than a 2012-13. Is the A8 trans really worth the premium vs the A5?
What else does the '14 have over a '12? This would be my daily driver.

Finally, what is needed (outside of the obvious like dropping a ton if $ on FI) to get these into the mid 12s or better?
Go for a 14+. The center console redesign (bigger head unit), front facia redesign and 8 speed are all well worth the extra 10k to me.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Go for a 14+. The center console redesign (bigger head unit), front facia redesign and 8 speed are all well worth the extra 10k to me.
X2 Sold my '15 Hellcat & '12 Overland and bought a used low mile '14 SRT The only thing I regret is not having the 700+ HP. The person I bought the SRT from bought a new Trackhawk so I'm hoping they get bored with it real quick.

·
Registered
Boeing 737
99 Posts
The person I bought the SRT from bought a new Trackhawk so I'm hoping they get bored with it real quick.
LOL.

I hope you told him what options you liked before he bought it. :lol:

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Actually, it's the same color as the one I bought from them (Granite Chrystal). The SRT has the Sepia leather which I like, the TH has black. If I can buy if for the same relative price off trade in as I did the SRT, I will be happy. Long shot, but they don't keep cars long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts