Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to decide which one Im going to do first. Car is bone stock. Which would make the biggest difference? I guess I should probably do the exhaust first since its more expensive. Can I expect to get the atak for $600 or less?

· Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
1,009 Posts
trying to decide which one Im going to do first. Car is bone stock. Which would make the biggest difference? I guess I should probably do the exhaust first since its more expensive. Can I expect to get the atak for $600 or less?
Maryland speed has it for 681 I believe and that's the cheapest I found it. I will tell you one thing. Wasn't totally thrown off by the sound of the atak. Wasn't what I was expecting. Expecting a wk1 Borla atak. Haha well I was way off cause the atak for the wk2 is just a axle back. Wk1 is a cat back. Huge difference

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maryland speed has it for 681 I believe and that's the cheapest I found it. I will tell you one thing. Wasn't totally thrown off by the sound of the atak. Wasn't what I was expecting. Expecting a wk1 Borla atak. Haha well I was way off cause the atak for the wk2 is just a axle back. Wk1 is a cat back. Huge difference
Thrown off as in the sound wasn't what you expected or thrown off at the size of the actual system?

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I am pulling the trigger on the 4" Bwoody cai. Everything I've read, and I've read a lot, has it come down to volant and bwoody with most people saying bwoody gives the best gains. PLus it looks sweeeetttt. Didn't realize by NOT ordering a washer fluid tank you save $65 bucks. Who needs a washer tank?!

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can't make my mind up. Now thinking Volant Powercore. Can get it for like $150 cheaper. Someone help me decide! Don't care about looks. Just sound and gains.

· Registered
411 Posts
Volant doesn't make an intake yet for the 6.4 yet do they? I don't run a washer bottle on my jeep, don't ever use the windshield washer so I didn't see the point and saved the money. You will have a low washer fluid light pop up on the dash though so you will need to jump the the 2 prongs on the washer fluid level sensor together with a wire to get the light to shut off. I'd get the intake before the exhaust

197 Posts
Planning to get the Borla S-Type and Injen PF Series Power-Flow Intake System (Wrinkled Black) when the car arrives...

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Volant doesn't make an intake yet for the 6.4 yet do they? I don't run a washer bottle on my jeep, don't ever use the windshield washer so I didn't see the point and saved the money. You will have a low washer fluid light pop up on the dash though so you will need to jump the the 2 prongs on the washer fluid level sensor together with a wire to get the light to shut off. I'd get the intake before the exhaust

I found a few on eBay that says they will fit the 6.4L. Maybe not. I will confirm and get back to you.

· Registered
411 Posts
I found a few on eBay that says they will fit the 6.4L. Maybe not. I will confirm and get back to you.
Don't believe it if it says it fits a 5.7 it won't work. Someone either on this site or the other bought it because it said it fits but it doesn't because the 6.4 has that curved neck coming off the intake maniffold and the 5.7 doeant

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't believe it if it says it fits a 5.7 it won't work. Someone either on this site or the other bought it because it said it fits but it doesn't because the 6.4 has that curved neck coming off the intake maniffold and the 5.7 doeant

Looks like Bwoody wins then

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
4" Bwoody CAI ordered. I will post up when it gets here and is under the hood!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.