Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was rear ended (highway speed to stop), small sedan behind me didn't stop in time. Seems like it mostly under rode the jeep.

Appears to be minor scuffing and plastic damage in rear. While I was crawling around underneath, I saw the trailer pin wiring bundle is 'offset' from the hole in the plastic. Is this normal, or shifted due to the accident? I'm hoping its just the scuffs on the bumper cover and the replacement of the bottom black plastic valence.

I'm hassling State Farm to call their client; I guess they have to call 3 times before they can turn it over to their "property" department who will determine fault. Have a scheduled appointment with a collision shop.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,299 Posts
Just checked my 2014 and it has a slight lean away from the bracket instead of toward it as yours does, but it's pretty much centered in the opening.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just checked my 2014 and it has a slight lean away from the bracket instead of toward it as yours does, but it's pretty much centered in the opening.
Thanks so much for checking. Sometimes you never know Chrysler things ;)

Makes sense its away from the center of the hole since that valence/trim piece it is connected to is shoved over a bit.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,299 Posts
I think the key thing is to check and make sure that the electrical connections are good to go if you hook a trailer up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts