Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted a slight raise on the front like 3/8 of an inch. I’m looking at RRO front trim packer. Has someone installed these? Any picks? Wanted to know if I have to remove the entire strut or just lower it down and slide the trim packer on top? I’ll be able to do it if It just involves removing nuts and lowering down the strut otherwise it won’t be sensible to pay a mechanic the install for such a small spacer. Thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wanted a slight raise on the front like 3/8 of an inch. I’m looking at RRO front trim packer. Has someone installed these? Any picks? Wanted to know if I have to remove the entire strut or just lower it down and slide the trim packer on top? I’ll be able to do it if It just involves removing nuts and lowering down the strut otherwise it won’t be sensible to pay a mechanic the install for such a small spacer. Thanks
I've installed two sets of these. You can merely unbolt the strut and UCA and drop the strut down enough to slip them in without removing the struts / axles, etc. There are enough threads on the strut mount to stack two of them on top for roughly 3/4 inch lift. Here's a pic of the strut mount after two RRO trim packers were installed. I have subsequently removed them and went with OME springs and Bilstein struts.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
3,458 Posts
I used the Bistein 5100's set 3/4" lift up front... ...I think the look is perfect... ...only from a few angles can you notice a little rake forward, for the most part it looks level.... ...the front fender lip is still a little lower than the rear, so it still has some rake (by that measure, which is technically not the correct measure) but often I see "leveled" WK2's by measuring fender lips and they look riding nose high to me....

3/4" doesn't change ride and handling and view over the nose at all either....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used the Bistein 5100's set 3/4" lift up front... ...I think the look is perfect... ...only from a few angles can you notice a little rake forward, for the most part it looks level.... ...the front fender lip is still a little lower than the rear, so it still has some rake (by that measure, which is technically not the correct measure) but often I see "leveled" WK2's by measuring fender lips and they look riding nose high to me....

3/4" doesn't change ride and handling and view over the nose at all either....
Thanks for the info. Only if Bilstein makes them for the 2018. :( all I need is a slight lift in the front as I only have 1.1/2 inch difference from front and back. I want to narrow that difference down to 3/4 inch.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
3,458 Posts
DOH! yes it frustrating so few are making the very simple change to their aftermarket shocks so they fit 2016+.

I raised mine 3/4" in front, the rear did not go down at all. I do now have a 3/4" difference F/R.

So I'd think you'd want to stack two 3/8" plates like VMX12R suggested....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've installed two sets of these. You can merely unbolt the strut and UCA and drop the strut down enough to slip them in without removing the struts / axles, etc. There are enough threads on the strut mount to stack two of them on top for roughly 3/4 inch lift. Here's a pic of the strut mount after two RRO trim packers were installed. I have subsequently removed them and went with OME springs and Bilstein struts. View attachment 220837
Thanks for the information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts